What's new

Insurance want to know....

R

Roma_T

I recieved a letter from sky asking me to write down the mods on my car. they also have a section for bhp increase for engine mods.

How do I judge that? Intercooler for instance? Doesn't necessarily inrease hp.
And the exhaust?

Do I just give an estimate?

Last edited:
R

Roma_T

update, just called them as I realised they were still open. They say an estimate is fine.

Still not sure what to put down for the IC.

Reaction score
yea, why not? it doesn't increase things... just makes things safer.... and enables more boost if you choose....(along with other stuff of course!)

P

Paddy mack

don't put down zero, if you have a boo boo and need to claim they may get shirty, I would say small increase may 5bhp, cause i've beeen in you shoes before and they claimed i was not insured at the time of my crash due to my detail being wrong!!

Reaction score
sky are fairly clued up about these sorta things... FMIC's alone don't make any gains... they just prevent det' when running higher boost due to their bigger cooling capabilities. :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
When I complete my mods form for Sky, I list EVERYTHING, but I give a total increase in bhp rather than for individual mods as there's no way of knowing. So, they want a total increase OVER STANDARD (i.e. over 250bhp).