What's new

what is the best petrol, REALLY?

Reaction score
Just wondering what petrol you guys use in your S15's?
I have always used shell Vpower - or Tesco equivalant when shell is closed!! I heard that i would get better MPG with super unleaded rather than the common stuff. is this just a old wife's tale though??
Most of my pals use the normal stuff - with GT-fours, scoob P1, Rexi, am i just throwing my money away?? The last thing i want to do is damage my car internally!?
:confused::confused::confused:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The higher the octane the better :) These cars were mapped for 100RON, so running them on lower is compromising their performance.

I always run Tesco 99 or VPower. If I've got absolutely no other alternative, I'll stick in another SUL (NOT BP Ultimate!) and take it easy on the right foot. I've noticed det making an appearance when other SUL goes in.

95RON should be avoided at all costs.

Ideally, you should get a remapping done for the fuel you would normally run. This is crucial for you Irish boys who can only get 95RON.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you even contemplate running more power than standard without a remap.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Any 98ron fuel over here :)
We have V-power 99Ron but that extra octane just isn't worth the extra dough as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction score
i see, well i have always tried to use Vpower (as it says in my opening thread) its just something i have always wondered, but never done any research on (by research i mean ask nicely!)
See, i got told because it is a IMPORT i should use Vpower, is that the case for all imported vehicles?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i see, well i have always tried to use Vpower (as it says in my opening thread) its just something i have always wondered, but never done any research on (by research i mean ask nicely!)
See, i got told because it is a IMPORT i should use Vpower, is that the case for all imported vehicles?
as long as it isnt 95 ron its should be ok but as nicely said its a must if u wanna boost it more to remap it first

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There seems to be this worship culture for Vpower. So long as you use the highest RON fuel you can (before a remap), it makes no odds whether its Vpower or Tesco 99. The only difference is to your pocket.

Reaction score
Country
The power of advertising.

Its also worth mentioning that most fuel forecourts are supplied by fuel from the same refinery, the only difference is the additives etc which varies from BP Ultimate, V-Power and Tescos 99 Ron etc.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
when I'm back home in the north I alway use super unleaded. however As I work in the south I have to fill up with :hurl: 95 RON :down:. When doin this I always add octane booster or E85 :thumbs:. hopefully when Maxol get their finger out I'll be able to get my hands on this new 99.2 RON E5 :D