What's new

Rear Wing Mod

Reaction score
Does anybody have any good pics of the rear wing mod i.e. removal of the centre leg?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Can this be done properly? I mean if you take away the centre leg, you are then reducing the rigidity of the wing, which will stop it doing its job as well.

Reaction score
Niiice. I guess if its hollow, you could always pour polyurethane foam into it to stiffen it up.

P

paulphot

Man I love those rims, what are they? Love the wing mod too. Is the wing original? Did you have the eye level brake light shaved off and was it all reinforced? Sorry for all the questions.

Reaction score
Country
to be honest i dont think its a mod... you can atually buy a Kazama wing that is like that.

but you still have to fill in the two holes on your boot lid. and respay the boot lid too.

if you do go for it do post up the results be intresting to see neverless

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm kinda curious if the removal of the middle leg will leave a hole which would need to be filled or if it's solid plastic. If that's the case it would just be a chop, sand and respray job :)

Reaction score
yeh i heard that too about the kazama wing but ive never found any pics of it or a supplier. do you know of any?

Last edited:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
doesnt look like a stock wing to me for some reason see where it sits it much futher in than the stock one...
and from the side the ends seem kinda weird seem to just not be like stock one

J

JayDM

That does look neat, I think i've come across this car in youtube or somewhere..

Btw, the wheels are volk racing GTNs:smitten:

S

sillbeers15

Ichi-go,

Is it a aftermarket boot or a stock boot w. the keyhole filled-up?

I like the clean boot lid w/o the ugly keyhole.

Reaction score
Country
sillbeers15,

It's a stock boot with keyhole filled-up.

Yes the clean bootlid goes hand in hand with the middle leg cut off.

Since you already have a cf front bonnet, i reckon a cf rear boot will set off your car really well. They usually come without a keyhole on the cf bootlid. Not sure any jap company sell cf bootlid but topstage does.

sushiming,

It's the stock wing :p

P

pablo

i got my carbon bootlid from pow-r in the uk. might be doluck that makes it not too sure though

S

sillbeers15

Ichi-go,

Thanks. I have been toying with the idea of a CF boot for sometime but was aprehensive about the workmanship of these aftermarket makers.

My CF bonnet is from jap maker Varis and it is actually my second purchase.

My first CF bonnet was purchased from jap maker Origin. The double layer bonnet with vents next to the winscreen looked really good from web pics, so I did the first to order even before they released their price list for it on S15. Unfortunately, the waved surface put me off so badly and I had to buy another from a more reputable maker. The Origin hood was later sold off to another S15.

With the money I paid for the 2 CF bonnet, I could have gone for the real "Dry Carbon" bonnet! These are the real stuff that F-1 cars are made off from a totally different process of manufacturing. They're much lighter and tougther!

Therefore coming to buying another CF pannel such as the boot...I'm very careful. Perhaps filling up the keyhole is a better option...besides, the current weight distribution on my S15 is 53% front and 47% rear. Almost perfect for a FR car!

Last edited: