What's new

Rear wing suggestions

J

JayDM

Hey guys,

Getting bored with the spoilerless look, wanted to try a wing..

Have these in mind,which one looks better?

Reaction score
no on all three IMO.

how about the duck bill style spoilers? Even the stock Autech boot spoiler looks okay. The whole GT wing thing is just a bit too FnF for my liking unless your car is a dedicated race car.

Spoilerless is good :)

Reaction score
Country
Aero wing for the win imo!! I personally dont think big GT wings suit road cars. Thats just my opinion though, if you like something then do it the way you want it, its your car after all and its what you think thats most important.

Reaction score
Gotta say the black car looks wicked! If your can look like that then have that one!

Reaction score
....and if your gonna go Fat RW then I think it looks best GT style to fit those regs. i.e. 10cm lower than the roof. PLEASE don't put it above the clouds :hurl:

Reaction score
I do agree gt-wings looks odd on a lot of road cars but Personally I think S15 and RX-7 is two of the better cars if not best with GT wings.

Only thing you need is a lot of power to go with it, can you imagine getting beat by some random spoilerness car when you have a massive Gt wing.....lol

J

JayDM

Thanks for the feedback guys,to each his own i guess

I'd most prob get something less radical , close to the stock earo wing's height the most

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'd go with the Ings, i like the way it sweeps up in the middle a little :thumbs:

Depends what the rest of your car is like, if you have a bodykit on it, or are racing it, BGW - FTW :wack:

J

JayDM

Dunno what those abbreviations mean but i'm sure the word 'wing' is in there somewhere

ok here are some quick chops i did on my car, not that neat but you get the picture..

Current look

Option 1

Option 2

All comments welcome..:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
The ings are actually not as tall as the picture portrayed. Looks the best I reckon. And the fact that I like the support is all the way at the sides unlike conventional middle spot. (ok I think i worded it kinda wrongly but u get the idea) :p

M

manna_s15

Personally i think your car will look quite odd with the wing cause u dont have a body kit. the cars in the pics all have kits and are quite low. i personally like the origin type lip wings. makes the car look so sleek. :)

J

JayDM

Thx for the explanation mint:) IMO, GT wings are as macho as it can get...imagine fighter jets!!hahah

Topper,
I think thats the trend these days,with the centre sweeping in ..they call it '3d' gt wings :thumbs:

Manna,
I agree with you, i need a lowdown-bodykit. I understand if you missed noticing my standard aerokit..almost no one notices it anyway hahaha

J

JayDM

ichi-go,

The ings wing is my favourite from the lot. A little pricey, in fact I havent come across a wing that expensive since the Voltex ones..

Anyhow, as I'm worried I would get bored with it as the novelty wears off (like all other things)..I would put this wing idea on hold for awhile and give it a deeper thought

M

manna_s15

hey jayd, yeah i noticed your aero bumper. besides the rims your car looks exactly the same as mine. all i need is the rear pods also to complete the kit. another suggestion is like an evo 9 style wing. would be unique.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
what about the Veilside one? Suttle yet effective?

Or what about a sorta M3 style boot lip? They look hawt too.. Also i like the Nismo one! Big and in your face sorta shizzle LMAO!