What's new

ireland to get 99.2 ron

Reaction score
Country
Maxol ireland had just lunched E5 in ireland......
which has been confirmed to be 99.2RON :D:D:D

this will be replacing with all maxol unleaded fuel. its basically a mixture of biofuel (5%) and petrol (95%).
:thumbs::notworthy::notworthy:
http://www.maxol.ie/e5/index.html

oh yeah and its scheduled to be in the pumps by the end of September just in time for my re-map:D

Last edited:

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
they prices should be the same as the normal unleaded stuff. but at least its more widly available then e85.
and super unleaded. Can't find that stuff for luv nor money in Rep.Ireland. I only found 2 places this week. a Shell fillim station near JP around Dundrum direction ( opposite the goat sports pub ) & a shell on malahide Rd beside the airport Hilton hotel ( happy days beside work :D ) Both sellin shell V-Power for 117.9 (80p) per litre.

Reaction score
Country
and super unleaded. Can't find that stuff for luv nor money in Rep.Ireland. I only found 2 places this week. a Shell fillim station near JP around Dundrum direction ( opposite the goat sports pub ) & a shell on malahide Rd beside the airport Hilton hotel ( happy days beside work :D ) Both sellin shell V-Power for 117.9 (80p) per litre.

sorry to break the bad news to you but shell V-Power here in rep. of Ireland. is only 95RON as stated on there web site. but in england i beleive it to be higher.

the v-power over here has cleaning stuff in it to help keep your engine clean and thats all it is.

the new e5 will do a great cleaning job too, but will be that bit less then cheaper then V-power.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
sorry to break the bad news to you but shell V-Power here in rep. of Ireland. is only 95RON as stated on there web site. but in england i beleive it to be higher.

the v-power over here has cleaning stuff in it to help keep your engine clean and thats all it is.

the new e5 will do a great cleaning job too, but will be that bit less then cheaper then V-power.

Dam it, Cheating :censored: :rant:. Oh well back to the octane booster it is or buyin it at home up the north. R u headin to Japfest on sunday? SXOC is runnin a stand. just gettin the car cleaned for it at the moment.

Reaction score
Country
so its on this sunday... not sure if i make it... will see ive a few things to sort out. so what time is the show opening at?

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
not sure, think about 9. I'm meetin JP at the same petrol station as the meet ( applegreen on N7 ) @ bout 8am. think we havta be earlier to set up the stand.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
Was talkin to a station owner in Navan who said this should be in stock by the end of next week :thumbs:. However he seemed convinced that the E5 would not have a higher octane rating. so just to confirm I went to http://www.maxol.ie/e5/q&a.html an got this:

What is the Octane Rating of E5 compared to ordinary Unleaded
The Octane Rating of Ordinary unleaded ranges from 95.0 to 95.9 ? average 95.5. The Octane rating of E5 averages 99.2 :smitten:

Reaction score
Country
Was talkin to a station owner in Navan who said this should be in stock by the end of next week :thumbs:. However he seemed convinced that the E5 would not have a higher octane rating. so just to confirm I went to http://www.maxol.ie/e5/q&a.html an got this:

What is the Octane Rating of E5 compared to ordinary Unleaded
The Octane Rating of Ordinary unleaded ranges from 95.0 to 95.9 ? average 95.5. The Octane rating of E5 averages 99.2 :smitten:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
cant wait to map my car with this stuff