What's new

NCT Failure

G

Ger Keane

well lads, jus did the nct test this evenin (irish version of MOT) an the car failed on 2 small things. first was the parking bulbs, they said they were blue but clearly when you take then out of the housing they cudnt be more white :no:. also they said the flexible brake piping is too loose. do ye take this to mean the pipe going to the callipers? cos i had a look at that and its the same on both sides and they only failed me on the passenger side.
im confused:rolleyes:

D

Derek

Thats not too bad there both only visual defects so you won't have to pay going in again. Change bulbs, Make sure hose is in the strut or else lob a cable tie around them. the nct guys love cable ties. Where you go?

G

Ger Keane

Thats not too bad there both only visual defects so you won't have to pay going in again. Change bulbs, Make sure hose is in the strut or else lob a cable tie around them. the nct guys love cable ties. Where you go?
went to the one in Blarney. they were sound enough there. he said throw a cable tie round it alrite! was worried bout the suspension after what you said but no problems there thank fcuk!!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
My car failed its MOT twice this year, Brake pipe issue (wasnt locating in carrier on strut properly), and sticking caliper (changed all the dust seals :thumbs:)

Last year it failed for little things like yours, blue side lights etc etc