What's new

Is this a Silvia (Jap) or 200SX (OZ)?

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
http://www.autotrader.com.au/itemin...dlsRZSQNissanMRFX200SX_stpg_1_subs_Used+Cars_

I found this on autotrader.com.au & it seems like a pretty good Spec-R with low mileage on it, standard & in a rare enough colour! :cool:

The one thing that confuses me is that it has 200SX on the back but Silvia written on the inside passenger side??? :confused:

Which one is it cause this would make a HUGE difference to the price of me importing it if I went for something like this...

Oh, & from looking at the engine-bay I don't believe it's a Spec-S like it says.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its an ADM (its got the manual heater controls). All the Silvia branding is the same except the bonnet and boot badges, steering wheel and gear knob.

ADM Spec S and R are both SR20DET. Spec R is a higher spec though. You really need to read more S15 threads! :p

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Its an ADM (its got the manual heater controls). All the Silvia branding is the same except the bonnet and boot badges, steering wheel and gear knob.

ADM Spec S and R are both SR20DET. Spec R is a higher spec though. You really need to read more S15 threads! :p
Lol! :eek: My bad! ;) I knew there are some differences but didn't know they were both turbos, is there a thread that highlights the differences in the Spec-S & Spec-R from the ADM? The seats are horrible but they can be changed! :D

P

Paul2x

Thats interesting,...lol

So is ADM the only market that the Spec-S run the turbo motor?

Ya learn something everyday.. :D

Reaction score
Country
^^ Yep!

Difference between Spec S and Spec R on top of my head
- rear wing
- 6 stacker cd
- side skirt
- badges (obviously)

The Jap spec S didn't pass the australia's power to weight ratio so it was banned. Nissan aus just dump the turbo to the spec s as well.

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
^^ Yep!

Difference between Spec S and Spec R on top of my head
- rear wing
- 6 stacker cd
- side skirt
- badges (obviously)

The Jap spec S didn't pass the australia's power to weight ratio so it was banned. Nissan aus just dump the turbo to the spec s as well.
Does it have the same structural differences as the Jap Spec-S & Spec-R have in terms of the bracings at random locations on the car, like the boot brace, the B-pillar bracings, etc?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Good question. The ADM Spec S is lighter, but I can't see them basing it on the JDM Spec S. There's to many differences.

Reaction score
Country
I think they are basically same car but the audm Spec R just has more accessories.

I was told the extra weight was from the accessories such as cd stacker, sunroof and side skirt. God knows

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Does anyone you know have a Spec-S Ichi-go? Could you check their boot for the boot-brace & that should be a good indication whether or not they've some of the Jap Spec-R bracings installed I'd say..?

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
Jp, don't make me slap you :p. U've seen & felt the power of the R so stay away from the :ghey: gay side :D.

Those seats :hurl:

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Jp, don't make me slap you :p. U've seen & felt the power of the R so stay away from the :ghey: gay side :D.

Those seats :hurl:
Dude, as you can see above, the only difference in the OZ version is the trim & things, the engine's the same! :thumbs:

Oh, & the VRT on the OZ models is that of the 14a's you'd get for the same year so that's nearly a fifth of what I'd be paying on a Spec-R! :D :cool:

E

evade

yes i have a spec-s adm and i have the boot braces.

the seats have sheepskin covers on them..god knows why

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
the seats have sheepskin covers on them..god knows why
Cause aussies luv sheep, outback is big & lonely. them covers wer probably a companion & supper on a lonely nite :rotfl:.

JP do u kno ne1 importin from down under r wud u just do it all urself. Only evr c jap import places.

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
yes i have a spec-s adm and i have the boot braces.
What else is different in your compared to the Jap Spec-R aside from the seats do you know?

Cause aussies luv sheep, outback is big & lonely. them covers wer probably a companion & supper on a lonely nite :rotfl:.
Oi! Be nice to the Aussies! :rant: They brought us the Natural Confectionary Company Jellies! :D

JP do u kno ne1 importin from down under r wud u just do it all urself. Only evr c jap import places.
Have a mechanic mate who is there for the year who can find me cars! :thumbs: There & NZ but they'd be just as expensive as Jap cars owing to their name! :annoyed: Stupid same names... :down:

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Cool - looks like Aussie Spec-S & R are good alternatives for importing! :thumbs:

What octane fuel are the Aussie S15's mapped for as standard does anyone know?