• Yea

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
A

Anubis

Hey all,

I can get black spec r side skirts for my car... fitted and sprayed for $250..... What do you think?
Should I get em... or just leave the car blank?

Also.. what parts come with the side skirts? I am getting them 2nd hand and wondering if bolts/stuff are needed.

BTW... i just have the normal front and rear bar... not aero.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I would definetly get them unless you're considering an aftermarket kit.

The sideskirts are two pieces per side. A small front piece and a longer rear piece.

There should be some plastic clips thingies along the whole sideskirts and I think that they are screwed in underneith the car.

If you want to fit them stock style, you need all of the plastic bits and the bolts underneith. They are also fitted with 2 screws in the front wheel arch and 2 in the rear wheel arch.
In the front you only need to unscrew the existing ones, fit the front bit and screw them back in. the rear doesn't have any holes in them so you need to drill there.
You also need to drill holes along the whole side of the car for those plastic clips aswell as underneith for the screws.

I choosed not to fit the sideskirts this way as I didn't want to drill more than I had too.
So just used the arch screws in the front and fitted some bolts with nuts in the rear arch.
used Sikaflex on about every bit I saw was touching the body.
Much easier to fit this way and you only need to drill in the rear arch.
However I think that just Sikaflex would be enough. My skirts aren't going anywhere :)

I'll see if I can find a pic of the sideskirts so you can see what I talk about :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Found some pics :)
Here you see the plastic bits I was talking about.
I didn't have all of them though as they break easily. Didn't matter though as I put glue there instead of clips.

let me know if you decide to do it the stock way and are missing some clips. I have some in the garage i think. Might have thrown them away.

Reaction score
Looks sweet mate. I do like the skirts but would be wicked if they were smooth moulded in. Anyone seen this done?

Reaction score
Country
Hey all,

I can get black spec r side skirts for my car... fitted and sprayed for $250..... What do you think?
Should I get em... or just leave the car blank?

Also.. what parts come with the side skirts? I am getting them 2nd hand and wondering if bolts/stuff are needed.

BTW... i just have the normal front and rear bar... not aero.
Double check if they are audm or jdm side skirts

Jdm side skirts are like what yakozan described been a two piece that can be disassembled. The audm ones are ONE piece and are made of fiberglass-like material. Definately get the jdm ones if you can cause they are frp. And the audm ones dont fit using clips like the jdm ones, just double sided tape.

I sold my audm ones, gonna get my hands on some jdms :)

A

Anubis

They are ADM GT ones... Owner says they are 2 piece.

I think I'll get them because may car is in the shop getting fixed and sprayed after a damaged rear left quater... and they will fit the skirt for me.

A

Anubis

I had a look... they are two pieces each side... screws and clips to attach.

Are the holes there to attach the clips?

I won't be attaching them.. the body shop will.... should i get them to drill holes or just tape it?
They do quality work so i think they would drill.

Reaction score
Country
I think you would be better to use sikaflex like yakozan or double sided tape.

What if you need to change bodykit?? Drilling on the bottom or wheel arches is ok but the side of the car?? once the kit is taken off, all the holes on the side.... hmm