What's new

turbo random bits found inside

P

pablo

turbo random bits found inside
had some blue smoke when coming off boost and then re-applying the gas, car drove and pulled fine but thought i best get it whipped off and sent away. the turbo ended up with turbodynamics and they have taken it apart and called me up......

apart from being very poorly

the turbine and some other parts where hybrid????
they have specifications of what should be inside the turbo and i seemed to have some random other bits in there, now broken.

my car came into the country factory standard (i thought) and ive had two s15's and they both drove the same. the only thing i did find on mine was a hks panel filter, no biggy.

i wonder how many cars that come over have just been repaired / bodged just for the auctions (i remember reading on here that some one found a pic of there car crashed on a cliff face or something! and thought there car to be A1)

i think this would be one of the best explanations for why my standard car had a funny turbo and nothing else.

ps ill just point out at this point i know naff all about turbos

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its entirely possible. There's no 100% way to know a car history when its imported. We can cross-reference the basic info of the car as it was when it left the factory. This would tell you if it had had a colour change, was an auto, etc. But you can't tell on smaller stuff. I know for a fact that the Japs quite often have a tendency to bodge body repairs though.