What's new

Power FC Finally Mapped

M

Meddy

Well Ive finally got the PFC mapped and Ive fallen in love with my car all over again. Its back to scaring me, which is how I like it. Had a play with a rather smokey R32 Skyline on the motorway on the way home and I was just driving away from him even just leaving it in 6th. One negative side is I now need bigger injectors as they were only happy to map it to 1.0 bar on the stock ones, so I guess I may as well bung on a front pipe at the same time. Then that really is going to be it power wise until the summer.

Its time to sort the handling :nod: .

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Meddy said:
One negative side is I now need bigger injectors as they were only happy to map it to 1.0 bar on the stock ones, so I guess I may as well bung on a front pipe at the same time. Then that really is going to be it power wise until the summer.
What was that based on? S14 injectors? The 480s should be capable of over 1.1 bar...

Get one of Creasey's turbo elbows too :nod:

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Meddy said:
One negative side is I now need bigger injectors as they were only happy to map it to 1.0 bar on the stock ones, so I guess I may as well bung on a front pipe at the same time. Then that really is going to be it power wise until the summer.
What was that based on? S14 injectors? The 480s should be capable of over 1.1 bar...

Get one of Creasey's turbo elbows too :nod:
No Based on the S15 injectors and them getting towards 100% duty. Im guessing (As I had to take the car and run to collect my missus so didnt talk to them for long) from doing some hand calcs they were being cautious and not wanting to push the injectors beyond about 85-90% duty. Id rather they be cautious than be running close to the ragged edge. :nod:

I would like an elbow yes, but they are an absolute bugger to fit. I'll probably just wait until the turbos off then do that and a manifold then.

S

s15_is_sx

s15 injectors seem to max out around the 200rwkw mark. You will find the stock afm is maxing out around the 200 rwkw mark as well.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Interesting. :nod: Maybe I'll take my 740s out of their box and fit them...
What make of injectors have you got??

Good to see you got it mapped mate :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Doesn't say if its RW or fly HP. Either way, looks like I knew what I was on about when I got the 740s :D

BTW, anyone who buys 555s for an S15 need their head examining. :nod: