What's new

Camber

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Well i knew i had a camber problem at the rear, but couldnt tell how serious untill yesterday.

I took the car out in the wet, everytime i tried to accelerate the back end was all over the place, took the car home and put it in the garage, it was then that i noticed the wet tyre print left on the floor, front tyre showed full width (adjusted camber with pillow mounts) but rear tyre left a mark around 2/3 of the tyre width :( which gave me 150mm contact with the road :eek: :hurl: :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've also noticed som very reduced grip when it's wet.
I could have shitty tires to. :eek:

But my rear end grip is pretty ridicolous.
touching the gas on an onramp in the wet, and the second i hit boost the car lost the rear end.
And that was with stockish power and the boost never got over 0.2 bar

Will have the wheel alignment looked up when spring time comes and see if it gets better.
Can't the rear camber be adjusted without buying camber arms?

K

kieran

i have to say i got all four wheels aligned a little while ago and the difference even with the 3.5 degrees of neg camber on the rear was greatly improved, im hopefully getting some cmber arms from bren this month to cure that but also reckon rolling the arches is going to be a must...........pain in the rear

S

S15R

Yakozan said:
Can't the rear camber be adjusted without buying camber arms?
yeah you can get whiteline rear upper arm bushes, approx 1 set 0.5 2 sets 0.75~ 1 deg

stock bushes are useless 0.2+/- adjustment

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I looked at getting the camber arms from Bren but that has been put on hold for me at the moment :(