What's new

Engine Damper (HPi)

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted one of these together with a strut brace.

Did you guys have any clearence problem with the bonnet. My engine damper will hit the bonnet and wont shut.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Where have you mounted it, any pictures?

I know a few guys on here had engine dampers, not sure if any have the HPI one, but havent heard of any issues.

Reaction score
I have mounted it on the passenger side strut.

Sorry I should have made it more clear, it is the strut brace mount thats hittng the bonnet. I will try and get some pics but basically by putting the damper mount underneath the front strut brace, it raises the stuct bar mount and meaning hitting the bonnet and wont shut properly.

CAn you guys put up some close up picture of how is mounted?

Thx

Last edited:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i had a engine damper on mine but i didnt like it so took it off but didnt have any problems what so ever

Reaction score

not the best pic i know ill have a look later if i have a better one for you. Is there no way you can mount the damper over the strut brace? What brace are you using?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
it was making a rattling noise for some reason esp when i was just on biting point and it kinda started to rust a bit lol
here a few of when i had it on mine

Reaction score
Ming,

What damper is that?

I am using a Hpi damper and Nismo front Brace, but the NIsmo brace's mount is so thick.

I wonder if I put the nismo brace wrong way round (left and right). Are the red mounts different on yours (different side)?? How did you have it, cant tell from the pic?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
u may have the bar the other way around as one side is a little bit higher than the other thats why...its one i got from aus not sure what brand but iam sure they are all about the same