What's new

Why are S15's so hard to sell?

R

renton

They look the bollocks, they quite blatantly are the bollocks but nobody can seem to sell them! Are people expecting too much money still? I really want one, but finances mean a 14a is next. Hopefully by the end of next year i'll be able to get a 15.

On SXOC, I guy started asking ?12k, and ended going down in price over several weeks to ?9.5k! Think he'd bought it from Torque GT, looked mint but don't think it ever sold.

D

Derek

I dunno, I sold mine handy enough. 2nd person to view it bought it and i got 16k pounds for mine. There's probally a few too many coming in now. Plus there not the easiest to insurance now.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
1. Most people in the UK are afraid of imports.
2. Most people in the UK don't know what it.
3. Those who want one usually buy a new import
4. You will struggle to convince someone with a 1999 S14a worth ?4k that its worth paying ?12 for a 1999 S15.

If you want the price you're after, you need to be prepared to wait. One of the reasons S14 prices are so dismal is because people want to sell them NOW and won't wait it out. The result is that people undervalue.

Reaction score
Country
I gave up looking privately for a nice S15, most were nearly 12k or more and didnt have the aero kit. I decided to import one, meaning i can save money while its being sourced and imported and can get the spec i want (white aero) plus for a 1-2k less than a private price. Thats just me though, i would have certianly paid private for the right price (only slightly higher than import price) and the right spec.

As Nicely has pointed out you need to wait for the right buyer...could be someone whos been looking for the spec your selling and its gone the next day....or it can be months waiting for the right buyer.

The mistake many people do is presume the price is too high and keep dropping it...not realising its just because there actually isnt a buyer out there in the first place.

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
i dropped lucky when i got mine, i brought it from a private sale.
It was the colour and spec i was looking for too.
It was good as i got to have a good luck around it before handing over any cash, i dont like what some of the importers do, when you have to pay before you see the car,maybe its just me but i cant trust someone to tell me a cars mint:rolleyes: not till i've seen it myself anyway:p

The guy i got it from had been selling it for around 6months, no-one went to see it, as he never dropped the price.
In the end he found a buyer.....me :D

I guess its just a case of waiting for the right buyer to come along as nicely said.

M

mitch

Possibly, or someone who buys one just to have one, then just fancies something else...

M

mitch

Is that a hint to you selling up already Mitch?
Not really, although I can't deny if I was offered the right money I wouldn't sell it. I tend not to get attached to cars like some folk so it doesn't really bother me, though I was a bit pissed off that I sold my S13 as it was fully sorted and selling up cost me most of the season missed.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'd be the same to be honest, i love my car and look after it, but if someone offered me a good deal for it, i'd sell it, and either buy another, or something different......

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i would only sell mine if i was gonna be out the country thats the only reason why i would sell otherwise its mine:D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I must admit I've never got too attached to any previous car that I've owned cos they were nothing special.

My S15 is a different story - I know I will want to keep it until there is no petrol left in the world to run cars anymore. When that happens, it will be handed down to my eldest son as a family heirloom for generations to come... :rotfl:

I'm still loving the fact that not many people know what it is and how much power it has. I love most Jap performance cars but there is something extra special about a little coupe which you can do donuts on a sixpence and looks like sex on wheels :cool:

Reaction score
Hehe, i'm not gonna sell mine. I've been through hell getting it on the road, but the purchase price of ?6,300 gbp was well worth it :)