What's new

Dyno results

B

Bry

Popped down to Perfect Touch in Hoddesdon for a dyno run,as before I start to up the power I thought I'd better check that all is ok.It came out at 237whp (260 fly) which considering the only mods the car had is an Apexi exhaust and unknown air filter,I thought wasn't too bad:D Rob the dyno operator did say that it was running an AFR of 12 on cruise and 10.5 on boost :eek: so pretty rich! he thinks the lambda's at fault,he said the overfueling was robbing me of some power,but as I'm going to change the ecu for a apexi power fc which doesn't need the lambda no point in getting a new one.There was absolutely no det whatsoever so good news there too,let the modding commence :D
In case anyone might be interested my dad came along in his recently remapped 2005 BMW 120d which made 204bhp (fly) and 302 ftlbs torque :eek:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:cool: Just remember though that det will have been kept at bay due to the over fuelling, which in turn was possibly caused by the lambda. As you say though, the PFC is going on before you alter anything else :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Looking good mate, at least now you have a base for comparison :thumbs:

Good figures for the 1-series :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice one buddy - really pleased for ya!

I've got to look into getting my car dyno tested before I start making mods... supposed this is a good idea as you've got a base to work from and know for sure how much power gain you are getting each time you do the dyno run again.

I believe the people I will be taking it to use a hub-dyno so probably have different sets of figures to most other people but then again, all dynos rate differently to each other so as long as I take it to the same place everytime - keep it to a certain standard I say... :nod:

Reaction score
Country
nice figure mate.:thumbs:

I've plans to do a dyno tune as soon as i put my new turbo mani bits on. and a z32 AFM. hope to get better firgure them my last run.

my tuner did tell me my turbo was abit dodgy, and guess what? blown now:mad::furious:

B

Bry

Be nice to know what people generally achieve on the dyno with standard s15's :)

Reaction score
Nice one mate. Nice and smooth curve there.
btw, Those wheels don't fit :cry: They hit the Apex coilovers even with the spacer. boo hoo.

Reaction score
with those spacers there is only 6 threads for the wheel nut to catch on.
Not sure what to do now.

Reaction score
Sorry for this hijack, but how do you replace the studs?

Oops, never mind, there's a right up on sxoc. Wierd that the front and rear use diff size splines.

Last edited: