What's new

S15's and a baby seat

R

Roma_T

Hi guys, hopefully you've seen the thread of me saying hi :wave:

:lol:

Well, due to recent developments. I am having to sell my main squeeze of the car world :( in preperation. Oh well, was getting bored of her in a way lol. So she is hopefully on her way out soon.

I love these Silvias, and as a mate who has not long had one himself rants a raves about them I thought maybe I should get in on the action.

It ticks most of the boxes lol.
1. Four seats instead of two.
2. Some boot space compared to none lol.
3. Has stlye
4. Has power :D
5. Handles well.
6. Rear Wheel drive.
7. Driftable.

I've kept points 3-7 a secret from the other half though lol.

So my main question is, has anyone with a young-un here been able to get a child seat in? It wont be often that the Silvia is used for ferrying the little one around, but you just know there is going to be some occassion when it is needed! :lol:

This has to work! Otherwise I am stuck with looking at estates! and there ain't no estate in this price range that is sporty like this that I've heard of :no:

Anyone got any decent pics of the boot space as it goes? Just out of interest :) Hell lets go for the back seats as well so I can show her lol. It's be much appreciated :thumbs:

Hope to hear guys,

Fingers crossed

Roma_T

J

j0nbubz

Use the rear bucket seats to your advantage!

Fits my little ones perfectly =)

Reaction score
I've had a baby seat in the back. It does fit ok. Had the booster seat in the front a lot as my 3 and a half year old loves the car. Always saying: "Daddy take my for a spin" :D

Airbag is ok with booster seat as long as the seat is all the way back (I found this out from the police as there is no hard and fast ruling).

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yes ive had a baby seat in the back of mine with the standard seats in them, its ok but if u decide to get any bucket seats like me its gonna be a tight fit lol :thumbs:

R

Roma_T

Thanks for the infor guys! :thumbs:

S15 Silvia is defo on the cards now! :cool:

Is there any specific seat, or just whichever one fits well. I suppose these mothercare type shops will let you see if it fits before buying. Did nissan do one by any chance? I'm sure I read they did one for an earlier model? Sure there was a brochure for it somewhere too.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
iam not sure if was justa random one my frd used as ask me to take them out i only had the S15 then so theS15 it was lol....it was fairly big

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've currently got two forward facing seats in the back of my S15 - one is for a 3+ year old (uses car seat-belt), the other is for a one year old (bigger seat with built-in straps).

Both fit well although I have to use small cushions underneath the seats cos of the 'bucket' thing and the fact the seats are narrow as well so it can be difficult to clear the point where the seat-belt clips into the clippy thing - if that makes sense!

Both seats were from Mothercare. They are a good place to buy from in the sense you can try before you buy.

Sounds like you should have no problems with new-born rear facing seats although again, try it before you buy because some configurations require a fair bit of length in the belt and sports cars don't always have longer length belts in the back!

My motto is to make kids fit the car - not get a car to fit the kids.

MPV's and estates are for those who have given up too easily... ;):D

Reaction score
ADM ones or JDMs that are complianced in Australia had to have child restraints installed at the rear parcel. Just beside the rear speakers. So I think with that, you can fit baby seats. Either find a baby seat that can fit without the child restraints or find out how the compliance workshop fit those restraint clips.

Else I think the front passenger seat should be fine for a baby seat ;)

R

Roma_T

I've currently got two forward facing seats in the back of my S15 - one is for a 3+ year old (uses car seat-belt), the other is for a one year old (bigger seat with built-in straps).

Both fit well although I have to use small cushions underneath the seats cos of the 'bucket' thing and the fact the seats are narrow as well so it can be difficult to clear the point where the seat-belt clips into the clippy thing - if that makes sense!

Both seats were from Mothercare. They are a good place to buy from in the sense you can try before you buy.

Sounds like you should have no problems with new-born rear facing seats although again, try it before you buy because some configurations require a fair bit of length in the belt and sports cars don't always have longer length belts in the back!

My motto is to make kids fit the car - not get a car to fit the kids.

MPV's and estates are for those who have given up too easily... ;):D
Damn right lol. However I was considering an estate as I have a rather large dog lol.

All good news guys. Really looking forward to this.

What is boot space like? Big enough for a pram/pushchair maybe? I'm sure with all these brief case size fold up adult bikes there are prams etc that fold up really small right? lol.

Anyone have any pics of the boot so I have a rough idea?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I think for a 2 + 2 it's got a fair bit of boot space. It will fit a set of golf clubs for example - very important... :D

It also fits our Maclaren Techno XT pushchair pretty easy with space for other things on top!

Ok - you've got me sounding like the S15 baby squad but as I've said before, I'll always have the car I want and make everything else work around.

Sure it's a pain to move child seats out of the back everytime you want to take rear seat passengers. Sure, the boot space could be more. Sure I have to keep taking my older lad's shoe off in case he kicks the back of my seat but hey, I'm driving what I consider as the ONLY car I want to drive so this outweighs every other downside which are just minor issues.

I never understand why people think having four doors is much easier for kids when all you do with the S15 is to just flip the seat down, put them in the child-seat and belt them in which takes the same amount of time!!

MPV drivers are the 'irresponsible' ones cos cars like the Fiat Multipla (IMHO) look really, really sh*te - arrrrgghh rant over :mad:

:)

R

Roma_T

Thanks for the information.

I agree with making things work around the car rather then the other way.

Like I said the only reason I've considered a estate was due to having a large dog. However the only estate that begins to appeal to me is the Audi S4 and thats some ????? lol.

Gotta love s15's though. Only ever seen 2 in the flesh. Just love the styling.

Cheers again for all the info.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
No probs dude - just glad you are going for the car!

I wasn't having a pop at estate owners or even MPV owners in general. Started ranting on at those who say they 'have' to have a big car cos they got kids which is rubbish so I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression.

I'm a gentle person - really... :D

R

Roma_T

It's all good here mate. Not to worry. I guess it's just a reaction everyone gets. Also everyone I know tells me "it's got to be 4 door, it's got to have lots of room, maybe a people carrier? needs this, needs that" lol.

G

gunner93

I have a SUV, its an 1.5 tonne buffalo - yeah great for space and for my 2 kids but like I said, its bulky and slogs like a buffalo...