What's new

I need some importing advice please (Northern Ireland)

P

Peas

ESVA'ing

My two pennies worth.....might be wise to confirm that the ECU numbers agree with the model report as the one you are interested in is a 2000 and the one used to create the report was based on an early 1999. Would save you time searching for one later and on a minor note that the tyres are 'E' marked.

Have had my dealings with SVA-UK but the S'hampton branch.

The test itself is about ?500. At least when I had it done to my S15 a couple of years ago. That was a Spec-R though and at BMS ltd. Don't know if the actual test price is different with the spec-s.

Edit. Sounds like a good car. Might need to change the diff. But a S14 one will probobly work well and doesn't cost alot.
The suspension might be OK. Mine got through with Bridgestone suspension. Exhaust need to be stock. ask them if they have the necessary parts for the test or if you need to source them.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
i can't see anything about the diff on the model report sva uk ltd did't know if it would matter just said it may depend on te examiner. wat sorta money r you talkin for a s14 diff and does ne1 no were to get 1 in ireland

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
I've seen the light, Amen.:nod:
Over the past few days my love of the S15 has made it impossible to even consider a S14A ( sorry but it just a'in't the same ), so I've decided
I will prolong the torture of drivin the :hurl:xsara for another few months and increase the funds a bit more. Then its off to a quality importer like www.torque-gt.co.uk ( seem to come very highly recommended ) and let them deal with the minefield :annoyed:that is importing a jap car.
It would also appear that the :ghey:Spec S :ghey: just isn't up to the job anymore so it will be a cool :cool::notworthy:Spec R :notworthy::cool: that will be sitting in my drive.:thumbs:

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
By the way, Just incase any1 is interested, It is possible to import the Spec S silvia up to 2000 as long as the chassis number starts with GH S15 or GF S15. I just decided that it was too much hassel and too much money having to take it over to England and possibly have to source some standard parts just for a ne off test. For an extra grand r 2 I am gona get the Spec R, which is the car I really wanted but couldn't afford at the moment, and amazingly its cheaper to insure than the Spec S :eek::rotfl: Insurers craic me up:rotfl:

Thanks for all the help and info guys. hopefully I'll be joining you in the exclusive S15 club soon:D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The GH/GF S15 thing is nothing to go by. If you want us to verify the month and year of manufacture, get us the full chassis number :)

Be under no illusion though. Except in looks, the (JDM) Spec S is a completely different car compared to the Spec R, or dare I say it, the Euro S14a. In fact, unless you get a fully loaded Spec S, with the sports suspension, viscous or helical diff (it has an open diff as standard), the S14a will out-handle and out-perform it hands-down. That's why its cheaper to insure...

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
The GH/GF S15 thing is nothing to go by. If you want us to verify the month and year of manufacture, get us the full chassis number :)

Be under no illusion though. Except in looks, the (JDM) Spec S is a completely different car compared to the Spec R, or dare I say it, the Euro S14a. In fact, unless you get a fully loaded Spec S, with the sports suspension, viscous or helical diff (it has an open diff as standard), the S14a will out-handle and out-perform it hands-down. That's why its cheaper to insure...

The 2000 Spec S I was looking at had a nismo suspension,2 way nismo diff and nismo exhaust :D so it should handle better than the euro s14a I would have thought.:nod:. obviously the standard Spec S would be no match for the turbo s14a tho:rolleyes::) The full chassis numbr is GF S15 020179. initally I had only got the part after GF but was told I needed either GF or GH at the beginning:confused:.
As for the insurance I was sayin that I got a cheaper quote on a S15 Spec R than I did for a S15 Spec S :rotfl::clap: with the same company givin me both qoutes. (?850 Spec R and ?1000 Spec S)

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
So I've done it. The wheels are set in motion. Was talkin to Tristan ( not Clifford as I thought he said :rolleyes: ) and emailed him with da rough spec for my Silvia Spec R:cool:. there's no turnin bac now ( & who'd wana ) Yee Haa:nod: