What's new

front reg plate removed...

S

stevo

just wonderin if anyone else noticed the massive difference i did yesterday, after drivin round with fmic fitted and reg plate on the car felt faster than obviously without fmic but when i took reg plate off the difference was amazing the boost increased by just under .1 of a bar all from just doing that needless to say reg plate staying off ha ha :D:D and boost currenly sittin at .8 bar is this safe enough? i just afraid cause it only boosted at .5 before mod's

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Boost increase by removing the regg-plate?? That's a new one.
I would say something else increased your boost.
Different weather? colder? self reparing boost leak?
.5 Bar is a bit low unless you've disconnected the stock boost solenoid or running a aftermarket EBC in off mode.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It is possible that a large plate could restrict flow to the FMIC.

Not sure how much your plate covers....

S

stevo

well i imagine it covered bout 1/3 of fmic surface area, i not sure if uk sizes differ but the has just standard japanese sized reg plates, i was thinkin that the increased air flow thru cooler could have contributed to more boost:confused:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
humm i dont really think it would make such a huge diff really maybe better air flow toward the fmic but i dont think it will make it boost much more tho

Reaction score
id imagine at higher speeds it will boost more. That reg was huge bubba drop up to me sometime and ill make you the proper size ;)

S

stevo

id imagine at higher speeds it will boost more. That reg was huge bubba drop up to me sometime and ill make you the proper size ;)

thanks very much lad is ya car back by anychance lookin forward to buyin those rear spats ha ha ha

Reaction score
lol no mate not yet, told them i dont want to know until its perfect so hopefully just another day or two