What's new

What Fuel do you use??

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guys just been thinking what petrol do u guys use for ya S15??
and which is better??

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think he means what octan number you use??

I use 98 RON fuel. Might give the 99 RON V-Power from Shell a go.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The 99RON stuff is 5% ethanol.

Someone is about to release some 100/101RON stuff here, I believe. However, its 10% ethanol

WARNING: you can't use 10% ethanol fuel in S15s!!

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
i use optimax,

our local tesco's dont sell the 99 ron.

thanks nicely for the info on 100 ron,i would have used it if i could get it.

Does it tell you of the ethanol rating on the pumps? because i've never seen it.

I've got a supercharged toyota yaris Tsport as my daily runabout,
i use optimax in that as i cant use less than 98 ron,
if this 100 ron does get releashed over here do you think it'll be ok in that ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That's the same link I would have done. :D

Yaris is fine. :)

The breakdown of the petrol should be available via the company's web site. However, try and find it for Optimax - you won't. Very suspicious. I'm very anti Shell at the moment. Not only do they shaft as on the price of Opti (5-7p more expensive than Tesco 99), but they also allowed stocks of Optimax to dry up nationwide after the Hemel Hempstead fire. I so hope people don't go back to using it when it available again...

Tesco 99 spec

Recent SXOC thread about 104RON here. You will find it very interesting, Yakko. :nod:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
You have to check the ethanol level. If it 5%, it fine. 10% - bang.
Why is that?

Shouldn't it be fine as long as the gets the extra juice needed??

There is some people here in Sweden running E85 (85% ethanol and 15% gasoline) on gasoline engines with just better fuel pump, bigger injectors and a remap.

:confused:

Edit: A fuel pressure regulator is also a part of the recipie

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
That's the same link I would have done. :D

Yaris is fine. :)

The breakdown of the petrol should be available via the company's web site. However, try and find it for Optimax - you won't. Very suspicious. I'm very anti Shell at the moment. Not only do they shaft as on the price of Opti (5-7p more expensive than Tesco 99), but they also allowed stocks of Optimax to dry up nationwide after the Hemel Hempstead fire. I so hope people don't go back to using it when it available again...

Tesco 99 spec

Recent SXOC thread about 104RON here. You will find it very interesting, Yakko. :nod:
good reading.

I've read on Swedish forums that the E85 fuel seems to eat fuel-pumps. But some fuel-pumps are able to cope with the E85.
The walbro 255L/h pump is not one of them however.

Cars running on E85 seems to be using about 30-40% more fuel.
Here in Sweden the costs running E85 vs Gasoline is pretty much the same per km. E85 = higher fuel consumption but cheaper.

The advantage on a turbo-car however is the higher octane value of the E85. Making it possible to run higher boost without detting.

Another downside is that gasoline to E85 converted vehicles tend to be hard to start when cold.

Haven't heard anything about the valves. But some people have been using it for years without any problems.

There is a pretty big bunch of lads over here running E85 in their cars. Haven't heard af any blown engines yet.
Haven't looked into much though as I will keep my car running on gasoline.

My tip is to let the S14 people experiment with this first and save our S15s until we know it's safe :p

Best regards

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Yakozan said:
Nicely said:
You have to check the ethanol level. If it 5%, it fine. 10% - bang.
Why is that?
Sorry. I meant as in fuel pumps etc dying.
There is probobly some added wear to other stuff too. Like rubber seals etc.
I wouldn't want to experiment with this on a S15. Maybe on the Golf, but not on my baby :)

There is a couple of guys on the Swedish 200SX club running E85 on their S13s. I think they use the Bosch fuel pump without failures (yet ;) )

P

paulphot

The main problem I have heard of with running Ethanol is that it eats away at some rubbers and can destroy fuel lines. Maybe an upgrade to the fuel pump, pressure regulator and injectors (seems like a popular upgrade) can be finished with aluminium or stainless fuel lines. Shouldn't be too hard to do should it? Just a thought, I have no technical background and may not know what I am on about. I use Caltex Vortex 98, MRT did a test of fuels and of all the 98RON stuff in Australia, that gave the best power figures.

S

S15R

Caltex Vortex 98??

i though BP Ultimate is the best at the moment, kncking level is much lower than others