What's new

What Fuel do you use??

P

paulphot

I won't be testing it yet, other mods to do first. The MRT report showed that BP Ultimate actually had the lowest octane reading of the 98RON stuff. Read something like 97.4. It also provided the least power under a controlled test compared to Optimax and Caltex Vortex 98. There was something like 8kw ATW difference between BP and Vortex. They then did another run with E10 and got another 5kw ATW over the Vortex.

M

Modder_J

Is it possible to run the S15 on 95 RON ?

There's only one pump on the island that pumps out 98 RON and its emptied quite often (only 1 shipment of SUL per month) from Subaru's and Evo's needing it.

A

Autech_NZ

Yes it is possible to run them on 95, probably not best especially if yours is a turbo model or highly modded.

and it is probably best to reset your ecu if you want to change down to 95 permanently so it can 'Learn' again. Or get it tuned on 95 would be even better for the car if you cant get 98 all the time.

S

S15R

Autech S15's should run 100RON+, they were tuned for jap fuel only isnt it?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You can't run JDM S15s on 95RON with an ECU remap. I wouldn't recommend less than 97 though, even with a remap. The S14 was mapped for 95 in Europe. Fuel economy and performance increased if you ran it on 97+...

Reaction score
I think there has been some testing done with different ethanol mixes on a dyno with ecu tuning by MRT, I'll try dig up the article if anyone is interested.

My car is tuned on 98RON BP Ultimate and never had any problems, besides the ever increasing fuel prices :p

S

S15R

we only have 95RON when the s15 came out in nz

jdm s15 were running ok with 95RON and nissan recommended 95 RON too

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
S15R said:
You have got to be fooking joking. Have you seen the mahoosive lean spot in the standard JDM map?! Wouldn't want to put 95 anywhere near that... :eek:

J

Jono

Stupid Banbury, the best I can get in town is 97RON. No Shell Optimax and no Tesco 99. :cry:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Running stock boost or lower, 95RON might be OK. I wouldn't want to do it though.
There is one way to find out :)
Make sure you get a good knocking sensor and wideband lambda :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I run mine of 97/98 optimax stuff, and runs lean when coming onto boost :nod: so i def wouldnt go any lower :no:

S

S15R

Nicely said:
S15R said:
You have got to be fooking joking. Have you seen the mahoosive lean spot in the standard JDM map?! Wouldn't want to put 95 anywhere near that... :eek:
hmmm when mates dynoed their nz spec(jdm) s15, they were running rich :D
only thing we found is that stock ecu runs very advance timing at the mid range

im sure standard s15 runs 95RON fine but with mods dont go over 0.8bar :eek:

D

Derek

I'm running .9 bar boost. Why so brave man?

Everyone in Ireland Runs Octane booster unless there car is mapped for 101ron. I'm using Millers cvl.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Have you seen how much octane booster with 95RON actually raises the RON rating? Not what the manufacturers claim - the actual amount. Its nowhere near as much as its supposed to be (unless you get the really expensive stuff). Certainly no more than 97/98RON. I don't recommend anyone run more than 0.8 bar without a remap. And that's running 97/98RON. Mine was detting its tits off mid-range running Opti above 0.8...

However, its your car...