What's new

Hows my insurance quote?

A

AgtX

Im 26, no claims in the last 5 years, no points on my licence, keep the car in a garage, 9000 miles a year, car is worth around ?10k with a cat1 alarm

Called Sky insurance..

I stated im insuring a 2000 Silvia S15 Spec R with no mods and just for me to drive, though he added that i had an air induction kit and exhaust to the quote. he said it wouldnt make the policy cost more.

They quoted ?1450, does that sound ok?? seems a bit steep.

M

MarkS15

30, full licence 13 years,full no claims, on 01 worth 29500 euro is 700 euro,not bad for Ireland.

Reaction score
Country
Ive been quoted ?500 Fully Comp + NCP. Thats with a few mods ive got planned etc.

30, 7+ NCB, 1 SP30, Class B Postal area, no claims made.

According to A-Plan; an S15 is same group as my FTO :)

A

AgtX

i live in a quiet rural village, dont know anyone whos had their car stolen plus i said it would be kept in a garage.

Well, everyone here seems to recommend sky, so whats going on?

Reaction score
Country
Have you tried A-Plan ?

0845 071 1234

Ive had excellent service from them, no quibbles about adding mods or any admin fees for changes to policy etc :thumbs:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i paid less than that when i first got mine i think it was about ?1300 fully comp when i got mine i was still 23 and 5yr ncb .....and now mine is just over ?800 with sky with 6yrs ncb and iam still 25 with all my mods declaired aswell ...:thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Only thing I'd warn about A Plan is that, although they cover mods, its not like-for-like as with Flux and Sky.

Sky are the only ones who will offer an Agreed Value policy (if requested) for an S15. I'll contact them and ask why it so high...

Reaction score
Country
Only thing I'd warn about A Plan is that, although they cover mods, its not like-for-like as with Flux and Sky.

Sky are the only ones who will offer an Agreed Value policy (if requested) for an S15. I'll contact them and ask why it so high...
Indeed they dont have a specific agreed value. However i did confirm with my FTO if i could buy it back if scrapped and was assured this was possible. Then i can sell all the mods and bits and sell whats left to a repairers (grey imports are always in demand).Just make sure you dont be tempted to go for a lower agreed value to keep the premium down ;)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Agreed value should have a separate fixed premium on top of the insurance premium. This pays for them to verify the value you ask for. You generally have to supply photos, original purchase receipt, mods invoices, etc. If you don't get asked for that, its not an agreed value, as in that's what they pay in the event of a write-off - no questions.

Most insurers will do buy back if you ask, so long as its not a Cat A or B. :)

T

TonyS15

Its quite steep in my opinion.
Im 22 and just insured mine, 4 years no claims first time with a S15, Value ?11,000 Spec-R Aero with wheels, coilovers, bodykit, CFC bonnet, exhaust, filter and other engine mods.
With Cat 1 alarm, tracker.....
Parked on driveway, 12,000 miles a year Alloys, GP sports kit, filter and zorst and coilovers i got mine for ?1050ish...Like for like on mods with flux

A

AgtX

just called Adrian Flux and they quoted me ?840 fully comp, no claims protected. Whats with Sky???

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
My contact at Sky agreed that your quote seemed too high and was going to take a look. If you let me have you details, I'll pass them on. :)

A

AgtX

not sure that i want to use them now, seems like they wanted to rip me off!!

Reaction score
i got my renewal quote through this morning.... ?991 fc, 3 years NCB 23. that was from sky

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
not sure that i want to use them now, seems like they wanted to rip me off!!
Up to you. Sounds like there was a misunderstanding on their part. I'm sure if you contacted them again with Flux's quote, things may be better. :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i think sky are pretty good good service and they actually pick up the phone pretty quick unlike some compaines lol
ive got 3 cars in the hse which are insured with them now :)