What's new

Best S15 modders (complete) in UK?

W

wolvreen

Hi,

In the UK who would be the best people to talk to about a complete package of mods to an S15, including:

Exhaust + Induction + Fuel pump etc
Coilovers + Lowered + Camber arms etc
Complete Undersealing
FMIC
Engine to 300+ bhp (injectors etc)
Boost controller
Full bodykit + Carbon bonnet
Full roll cage
Big wheels + arch work
AP Brakes (Discs and Calipers)
AP Clutch
Custom front seat install
4 wheel alignment and setup.

I am looking for high quality work, reliable install.
Friendly staff, etc.
Mods tested with all problems ironed out.

Cheers

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You don't want much, do you! :p

Why not have a word with j@wrc? I'm hearing very good things about the company, and they are about to become an official SXOC trader.

W

wolvreen

Heh.
Do wrc have a website?

How about APT, bit far from me, but are they highly rated for this kind of thing?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
From what I've heard, you'll find WRC just as good, but a hell of a lot cheaper. :)

I've just had a quick look, but can't find any website details. Send him a PM and I'm sure he'll respond :)

W

wolvreen

Its a lot of work.
Im guessing big money if big names, is that what you mean Nicely?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Have to agree with Nicely here.

If you want consistent, reliable and often much cheaper mechanical work done on your Jap motor then it's usually best to find an outfit that is probably more local and is not a 'big name'.

I'm not dissing the big names but I've heard too much inconsistency. Some people think they're great others have had a lot of bitter experience. As a rule of thumb, big names like to advertise a lot and show-off wonderful demo models for everyone to look at (and bring business in of course).

However, it would be naive to think they put the same amount of effort into a customer's car as they do into a demo car!

If you do get recommendeds for a big name and you're sure it's gonna work for you then that's cool but we're just giving our opinions etc.

My mate took his Supra TT to two separate big names who advertised constantly in Jap Performance magazine when he first got his car. Both ended up messing him about and he even ended up fitting stuff that didn't fix the problem although they were sure it was gonna correct things blah blah...

Funnily enough, both companies are not in business anymore - wonder why... :rolleyes::no:

With a more local and smaller enterprise, it will be easier to build up a rapore with the company and usually have the same person working on the car everytime (one of the most important things to get consistency).

Also, don't expect good mechanics to already know S15's inside out. It's a rare car but a lot of the mechanicals are shared with the S14/200SX so experience here goes a long way (in my opinion).

:)

W

wolvreen

Yes I understand.
As a company gets more successful they need more mechanics and arent always too choosy. Plus the best mechanics move on to better things when they dont get the expected pay rise.
Catch 22.
It is the person doing the work thats the important thing not the company name.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You've got it. I'm not going to mention any names here, but I've heard too many bad things about the big companies people insist on blindly going to. And this is from people who know what they're talking about and I respect highly. The ones who swear by these companies generally don't have a clue about the work and are cheque-book modifiers only.

J

j@garagemac

thanks for the kind words nicely
our website is wrc-tech.net but the silvia part is being revamped atm

but more than willing to help in anyway i can from one true silvia nut to everyone else :wave:

kind regards j@wrc