What's new

Tein or Apex??

A

Adam15

hi lads my car came in with jic magic coilovers in the car,,but are extremely to hard for irish roads,,i mean windscreen shattering on bad roads,,

have been thinking of getting apex or tein super street coilovers got any advice?

Reaction score
Im gunna get some Tein supper streets... ive got D2's and they are too harsh...
Only tried the apex ones on an S14... also look for serviceing costs!!!!
Tein cost a fortune... apex i dont think do servicing...

You could always get some D2 with lower spring rates... good price and excellent service options!

A

Adam15

ya i dont know what to do,,im in between was thinking the d2's but was told they can be a bit harsh,,oh the joy of it!!:nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The Apex ones shouldn't need servicing. So long as you don't make the mistake of getting their inverted coilovers... Inverted have a tendancy to need rebuilding every year...

Reaction score
Mine are harsh but i went for the harsh break your back spring rates... cant remember what they were but Kenny from impulse will advise you on what to get!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've currently got Tein HA's fitted, dont know the spring rate as i cant see them marked on the spring, have just taken delivery of some Apex 6/5 coilovers, interested to compare the difference myself :nod:

Teins are harsh and often have me breathing in over bumps etc, but at fast speeds they are excellent. Got a few things to do prior to fitting them but will do a comparison once on :thumbs:

Channie - what spring rate have you got?

D

Derek

I've had Apex ones. Highly Reccomend. I got 6/4 Spring rate on mine.

Reaction score
using apexi circuit dampers on mine and theyre good all round not sure on spring rates

Reaction score
Are you intend to do any track days, becasue if you dont the Nismo S-tune is more than enough I reckon. Very good on the road...

Just add to that, does anyone find they catch the middle part of the exhaust quite easily when car is lowered. May be thats just me?

A

Adam15

well at the mo just want to be able to drive on the irish roads without slipping discs out of my back:wack:

topper there the same coilovers i was looking at and 6/5 spring rate,,when will you have yours set up?when you do would you mind letting me know what there like?

seriously thinking of getting the apex!!!!:thumbs:

N

neosilvia

To bad your not closer. I have Tein Flex with EDFC and want to switch to JIC Majic.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
topper there the same coilovers i was looking at and 6/5 spring rate,,when will you have yours set up?when you do would you mind letting me know what there like?

seriously thinking of getting the apex!!!!:thumbs:
Yeh no probs mate, looking to get hold of some 3M stonechip 1st (underseal type stuff), so if anyone knows where to get it from :thumbs:

Reaction score
Channie - what spring rate have you got?
The standard spring rates are 7.2 F and 6.2 R ....
But when i was buying mine D2 where experimenting with different spring rates and put some higher spring rates on mine... not much higher than the above rates though i dont think...

T

TonyS15

Im running some Yashio Factory coilovers which are IMO very good think they are rebadged HKS ones someone was telling me, they are stiff but not too stiff, but the handling is very good too. Especially with my bumpy road to work down country lanes. Adjustable aswell.
But if they ever needed replacing id prob be going for the apex ones.

P

Paddy mack

eh well living out beyond the back of beyond i know all about the sore back for back road crawling. in the evo 4 i had tein, and even on there softest setting they would bruise you kidneys so i changed to cusco zero 2's their the best ever nothing is better.

S

silviac

Is anyone using Apexi N1 evolution? Apparenty they are flipping good and cost fortune! love to hear some feedback on this

M

mitch

I've got Cusco, but I think they are too soft and may change them soon.

Reaction score
Had the Apex N1 on my bro Rx7, they are very very good, but little too harsh on the road.

Good if you do occaisional track days

A

Adam15

thanks lads dont know which ones to go with,,they have the apex road coilovers in stock,,6/5 spring ratio,,,, just want um nice on the road,, i think i suffered whiplash the other day,,tried to go to the beach,,had to turn back:D