What's new

choosing suspension now - hks hypermax II

S

silviac

well, i have my eyes on hks hypermax II since he is offering very good price.
but how good are they? has anyone got it?
what's it like to compare to tein flex, hks performer, cucso zero2 or nismo r tune?
hopefully someone can give a descent answer so can be used for future reference

S

S15R

I wont say Hipermax 2 is bad ,few of my mates found out that the upper mount is very weak and the ride is very bumpy, also if you lower the car too much it actually bottomed out and bend the struct which happened to my mate

I had JIC on my previous S15, its awesome but its fully circuit use so not friendly on road lol

Road Use
1 Tein Flex <-- damping can be really hard
2 HKS Preformer <--soft and firmed up
3 Nismo S-tune <-- good upgrade but non-adjustable
4 Apexi N1 Street <-- very expensive, not bad :d
5 GAB Prosso <-- good quality, under YOKOHAMA so cant be bad and GABs are manufactured by KYB, KYB = blistin aswell lol
Track USE
1 HKS Hipermax D`<-- Drift spec
2 CUSCO Zero 2 R <-- not as good as D`
3 Apexi N1 Circuit <-- umm dont know?
4 Nismo R-tune<-- nismo yo :thumbs:
5 JIC FLT-A2<-- awesome on track
etc..

FYI : my next coilovers will be GAB Prosso :D

S

silviac

S15R said:
I wont say Hipermax 2 is bad ,few of my mates found out that the upper mount is very weak and the ride is very bumpy, also if you lower the car too much it actually bottomed out and bend the struct which happened to my mate
ok. thanks.

my main purpose is just daily driving. i will only go to track once max a year.
so i want good ride quality as well as some performance when i need.
the guy is offering me some "good" price which i can't resist but i really should. so if anyone know any pros and cons please let me know as i am in very tempted mode.
is it worse on motorway? bumpy? what sort of adjutments can i do and performace wise, any comment?
thanks people :)

C

chirubia

I'm using TEIN type flex and EDFC right now, i'd say its pretty good (on streets)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've got a set of these Apex Performance coilovers ready to go on. They are the same as the Megan Racing ones and are made by the same manufacturer as the APEX'i ones (BC Racing). ?500 delivered.

Put the Tein Pillowball Tension Rods on today and have Cusco rear camber arms ready to go with the coilovers.

S

S15R

hipermax2 has 32 points but from few of my friends they said 1 ~ 32 point doesnt really fix the "bumpy". hard and bumpy are different.

hipermax 2 has been out like 6 years+ and i think you should go after some new ones. :D

but if that guy offer you a good price you should buy it, depends how good :p

Nicely, they look good :D so its based on Apexi N1 street ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Couldn't say for certain. They ARE slightly different to the N1s, however, being from the same manufacturer I'd have thought there would be similarities. They come in 8/6 and 6/4 spring rates and are 32 way damping adjustable.

You can see the similarities in the latest N1 Expert Type Vs...

S

S1Five

according to a mechanic i spoke to, he said the hipermax II used to be bad quality in terms of build quality of the actual suspension but they are better nowadays...

im actually looking into either buying hipermaxII or tein flex myself...saving up the money

S

silviac

Re: choosing suspension now - Kei Office

silviac said:
well, i have my eyes on hks hypermax II since he is offering very good price.
but how good are they? has anyone got it?
what's it like to compare to tein flex, hks performer, cucso zero2 or nismo r tune?
hopefully someone can give a descent answer so can be used for future reference

S

silviac

Anyone know about kei office suspension?
Any good website that has full spec and pics?
Any comments on them please.
I think they are quite good but wanna know if any of you guys are riding on it.