What's new

DIY CAN bus gauge / clock

Reaction score
Country
I had wanted a way to display an AFR gauge in the car without adding extra gauges and so I set about making this, utilizing the stock clock location and control stalk. It's not such an easy install into an S15 as it requires cutting and drilling to the gauge cluster and destroying the original clock but it looks pretty good IMHO.

ESP32 Arduino CAN BUS Multi-gauge / S15 Silvia - YouTube

immy21

Reaction score
Country
That's awesome!
Are you willing to share parts list and code?
Or alternatively make a kit and sell it?

Reaction score
Country
Thanks! I'm looking at putting some kits together to sell, mostly for various Nissan models that have modular clocks like Z32, R32/33 and A31. Cars like the S15 that have a clock in the gauge cluster require a lot more modification so I haven't decided yet how to offer a solution for that.

immy21

Reaction score
Country
I have G4+ with lots of added sensors and with working CAN, only device currently connected via CAN is my wideband fitted into stock boost gauge holder.
I don't want to add other gauges but want easy access to much info, particularly peak hold in a subtle display, you have made the perfect solution for me.
I don't mind modifying my clocks and would prefer to buy rather than make something. Current CAN gauges are either hideously ugly and/or hideously expensive.

Hopefully you can sell me something in the near future.

Reaction score
Country
It's definitely possible and I've had a few people express interest in getting one so I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can do a run of 5 or so in the near future. For an S15 I would need you to pop open your gauge cluster, remove the clock (2 screws, positioned on two copper standoffs) and send it to me.

If anyone else would be interested in buying one of these, please let me know. Also it can be customized to some extent so if you have any special requests regarding parameters you'd want displayed or even custom logos or fonts to match your car, that would be possible too.