What's new

S15 Service Book

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Now that the time is drawing nearer, there's some S15 admin stuff I need to check out.

Should I expect the S15 to come with a Japanese service book? If so, can I continue to use the same book over here?

If there is no service book then what do I use instead?

Ta :)

Last edited:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Unless you have asked for the service history, there is a good chance it will come with no history :no:

They dont use services books as i understand, its all computerised (this is what i was told, which may be a lie)

I've just had the 'service ticksheet' in the useful thread sections filled in and receipts stapled to it. i do fancy getting a service book, maybe an S15oc Service Book :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Not sure because everythin is in japanese :wack:
But it looks like the manual has a service section in it. My came with a couple of stamps and some reciepts. But I think that they have most of it computerized. Oh and I've heard that the japanese love service stickers. So look out for stickers on the car telling when that part has been exchanged.

I got a service sticker with my aircon filter. You add the date you changed it and there was even instructions on where to put the sticker in the fitting instructions and a special place for it.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Looks like I'll stick to the service sheet as described in the useful section :nod:

Thanks for the help - and the quick response!

:thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've just had the 'service ticksheet' in the useful thread sections filled in and receipts stapled to it. i do fancy getting a service book, maybe an S15oc Service Book :D
Good idea - I can see a nice leather bound service book with:

S15 OWNERS CLUB

on the front :cool:

Would be nice in Brilliant Blue :D (or whatever other S15 colour of choice).

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Whether or not you get a service book, its pretty useless. It doesn't give a lot of info about services and its all in Jap. It could say anything, and may not have been completed for years. Its a case of basically accepting that imports have no service history. Doing the usual buying checks is all you can do unless you have contacts in Japan who can check the car's service history. I full service on arrival is a must. After that, just follow the service sheets. They apply to all Nissan GB models and are the same used for servicing S14s :) Keep receipts for everything. If you want agreed value insurance you'll need to supply copies.

Z

zaero

importers are full of CRAP.
they do stamp log books in Japan at every service IF it is done. Most Japs don't bother servicing their cars.

cars with log books fetch a LOT more at auctions, that's why you don't see them unless you personally import one yourself.

Reaction score
My RX7 service book from japan was good... outlined what gets checked for a service at the intervals... and contains what was changed and why! All in japanese though so could have been aload of ****e! looked good though!

S15OC service book would be a great idea!!!!
Whos in charge of merchandise???? Or should this be raised in the members section????

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As said, Japs have a bit of a different attitude towards there cars. Their body repairs tend to be bodged and full services aren't a priority. Why? Because they get fleeced if they keep cars more than three years old. Most people just replace them. So, no real incentive to service for or beyond a three year period...