Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help

Liked

Need help

Hello guys i need help you guys identify my car, its model is GBYARUAS15U4E--A- does my car have Helical or Viscous LSD or Open differential?

Thanks

Liked
    whats the engine number on the the vin plate in the engine bay if its an sr20det then its 3.9 helical and it its sr20de then its an open 4.1 diff
    Chief Wiggum: "This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless."

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffy View Post
    whats the engine number on the the vin plate in the engine bay if its an sr20det then its 3.9 helical and it its sr20de then its an open 4.1 diff
    SR20DET Spec R Automatic

Liked
    ah its an auto, I think they are 3.9 viscous diff
    Chief Wiggum: "This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless."

Liked
    ah its an auto, I think they are 3.9 viscous diff
    I'm going to replace differential oil but still not sure to use differential oil or lsd oil

Liked
    here is al link to the service manual S15 Service Manual

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Azimielevin View Post
    I'm going to replace differential oil but still not sure to use differential oil or lsd oil
    Thanks sir, will open later when i reach home and get check it using notebook because i cant open it thru android smartphone

Liked
    Sir i only can find it say differential use GL5 so now still cant decide to use what differential oil either LSD or basic differential oil because i'm worry if put wrong oil that can kill my car differential

Liked
    S15: 1.2-1.4L (80W-90 API GL-5 gear oil) (Use regular differential gear oil, not oil designed for LSD differentials)

S13/S14/S15/Z32 Fluid grades & quantities - Silvia Technical Articles - Hardtuned.net

Liked
    S15: 1.2-1.4L (80W-90 API GL-5 gear oil) (Use regular differential gear oil, not oil designed for LSD differentials)

S13/S14/S15/Z32 Fluid grades & quantities - Silvia Technical Articles - Hardtuned.net
    Thanks a lot Sniffy :-)