What's new

Sparkplug advice for Nissan Silvia S15

Reaction score
Country
Hi, i need advice on sparkplug for JDM Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R SR20DET engine. Would like for everyone here recommend what sparkplug suit Stock SR20DET wuth 0.8Bar boost.

Btw previous owner use HKS S35i on it but i think better to keep low using standard or better plug, do Nissan OEM BKR6E-11 sparkplug recommended?

Thanks guys

Reaction score
Country
BKR6's will be fine on stock boost. youll want to get a 7 or 8 for anything over that to keep the plugs cooler

Reaction score
Country
Neither. Id go for the BKR6E (or 7/8 if upping boost) -1's are just pre-gapped to a wider size and are about 5x the price of normal plugs. The GP's are platinum and cannot be gapped. Id get copper plugs as they're cheap and you can gap them correctly. theyll wear out quicker but lets be honest these cars wont see 15000 miles a year.

Reaction score
Country
BKR6's will be fine on stock boost. youll want to get a 7 or 8 for anything over that to keep the plugs cooler
Neither. Id go for the BKR6E (or 7/8 if upping boost) -1's are just pre-gapped to a wider size and are about 5x the price of normal plugs. The GP's are platinum and cannot be gapped. Id get copper plugs as they're cheap and you can gap them correctly. theyll wear out quicker but lets be honest these cars wont see 15000 miles a year.
Sir BKR6E-11 is Nissan OEM standard copper plug and this the only Nissan plug i can find.

BKR6EGP is NGK G-Power yes you right its Platinum so now i confirmed not getting this plug.

Yes you absolutely right about this car wont see 15000miles a year because my car only get 1500-2000km a year :)