What's new

V355/5 Advice

Reaction score
Country
Hi folks

Just wondering if anyone has ever filled a V355/5 (application for first vehicle tax and registration of a used motor vehicle)before and if they’re is somewhere I can find all the relevant information for an s15 spec r

Cheers !

Reaction score
Country
Did you get the form from applying for an import pack? Or just picked one up at post office? If it came in an import pack which is free from the DVLA online its is fairly straight forward. I have one at home that I pre populated years ago and copy the format everytime since, I will snap a pic for you when I am home later.
But for now, if self importing just fill out the bare minimum, whatever info you have just put it in. Chassis number, colour, manufacturer, model engine etc etc, things like seriel numbers for engine and box you won’t know without looking in the car. Then send it in with shipping docs etc, and fees.
The bare minimum really is enough, if in doubt just ring DVLA they do help.

Reaction score
Country
Well my form which I use has some personal info on it, so will just write it out below for you.

V55/5 form
1-leave blank
2-PLG
3-6 months
4-tic the box then write £129.25(or whatever it is now)
5-leave blank
6-Nissan
7-Silvia S15
8-coupe
10-colour
27-year of first reg
Very top right box- Japan
29-the date that you post to DVLA
30-petrol
31-Vin Number
45-(exact date on export docs)
48-Tic which you are and fill in details
49-Fill it in
50- just write more than 10 years old
54-convert Kms recorded at time of MOT to miles and enter it
Then just sign and date the last bit and that's it, seriously you can leave so much blank and fill in the bare minimum. Just be sure to also send MOT certificate, export docs, original country of origin docs and a photocopy of your driving licence along with cheque for Tax(circa£129.25) and initial registration fee(£55) or 2 cheques for the split amounts and send it all recorded/special delivery. It takes anywhere between 10days and 2 months some times to get a V5/c sent back, just be sure to photocopy everything you send as not all of it comes back or at the same time. Good luck any more info just fire away, if you've made any mistakes just go online and order another import pack from DVLA they will send you as many as you want for no charge. If there is any more info required the DVLA will contact you.

Do all the above and you will be just fine.

Reaction score
Country
So just received an import pack through the mail from DVLA, seems theV55/5 was revised in August 2018 so have read through and adjusted accordingly.

Please see below.

V55/5 8/18 form
1-leave blank
2-PLG
3-6 months
4-tic the box then write £140.25
5-leave blank
6-Nissan
7-Silvia S15
8-coupe
10-colour
27-year of first reg
Very top right box- Japan
Below this box tic RHD
30-the date that you post to DVLA
31-petrol
32-Vin Number
46-(exact date on export docs)
62-Tic which you are and fill in details
63-Fill it in
64-Just write more than 10 years old
65-convert Kms recorded at time of MOT to miles and enter it
Then just sign and date the last bit and that's it, seriously you can leave so much blank and fill in the bare minimum. Just be sure to also send MOT certificate, export docs, original country of origin docs and a photocopy of your driving licence along with cheque for Tax(6 months used as example above) and initial registration fee(£55) or 2 cheques for the split amounts and send it all recorded/special delivery. It takes anywhere between 10days and 2 months some times to get a V5/c sent back, just be sure to photocopy everything you send as not all of it comes back or at the same time. Good luck any more info just fire away, if you've made any mistakes just go online and order another import pack from DVLA they will send you as many as you want for no charge. If there is any more info required the DVLA will contact you.

Do all the above and you will be just fine.