What's new

Irish lads! Quinn direct???

G

Ger Keane

hey lads. jus after gettin a quote there online from quinn direct tpft on both a spec S and a spec R. im 23 have 2 years no claims and they quoted me under ?850 for both. this cant be right can it? im with hibernian at the moment and they quoted me ?2500 on the spec S. this will have made my year if its right!

D

Derek

Quinn Direct are a bunch of muppets. Was it online or over phone? If over phone just hold onto number and call there bluff take them up on it.

G

Ger Keane

Quinn Direct are a bunch of muppets. Was it online or over phone? If over phone just hold onto number and call there bluff take them up on it.
just rang them up there to verify it for a spec S. its just over a grand full comp. and i asked them did they know it was a jap import and all that an they said ya thats all taken into consideration. and the quote is valid for 40 days. job! :nod:

B

baynz

yeah im with them and i had an awesome quote with them. no one else could come near their quote.

Reaction score
theyre twits! i got an online quote for 1200 fully comp and when i rang they tried to tell me 4k?? wtf?? So i went with eagle star for 1400 fully comp :D

B

baynz

mine didnt raise or lower from on the phone quote to online quote they were the exactly the same. fc ?1390 3yrs ncb, driving 4 yrs, etc etc. on a 2001 s15 spec r.

G

Ger Keane

theyre twits! i got an online quote for 1200 fully comp and when i rang they tried to tell me 4k?? wtf?? So i went with eagle star for 1400 fully comp :D
well they told me the quote is valid for 40 days. it was the same figure as i got online so they better stick to it if i manage to get everything sorted for then!

P

Paddy mack

i'm with axa at the moment, i'm not sure what it cost me but it was 1250 on a 1997 evo 4 with all my mods disclosed they only charged 14 euro for'em they where Remapped ECU. HkS silent power, uprated fuel pump, and coilovers. but the made a boo boo and tried to stop my insurance after a month saying i'd have to be over 30 but i had the paper work so it was too late for them. so it not only quinn who make the odd mistake

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
mine was 1600 fully comp on a 00 spec r im only 23 with 1 years ncb it was cheaper to insure the spec r with quinn than the itr that i had.

P

Paddy mack

just got a quote of quinn direct online and they wanted E795 fully comp with bonus protection now i have 5 years no claims bonus and i'm 25 but christ thats great if its true.
done one with britton insurane in donegaltown online and they want 928 fully comp with bonus protection, and their web site has the spec R listed so i reckon quinn might be ok

G

Ger Keane

just got a quote of quinn direct online and they wanted E795 fully comp with bonus protection now i have 5 years no claims bonus and i'm 25 but christ thats great if its true.
done one with britton insurane in donegaltown online and they want 928 fully comp with bonus protection, and their web site has the spec R listed so i reckon quinn might be ok
ya ud want to ring them to be sure tho, as one of the lads said there he got an omline quote of 1200 and rang up and they told him 4000. thimk its because they dont really know what the silvia is! if you say skyline to them they tell you where to go!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its generally because the their aren't that many S15s about and the accident rate currently isn't sky high like S13s and S14s.

P

Paddy mack

insurance the easy way

Right today i rang a lot of irish insurance companies in the yellow pages and discovered alot of them won't go next or near the s15 na or turbo:eek:
but there is light and the end of the tunnell, now considering I'm 26 with full no claims discount and a clean lice i got a few interesting quote all full comp with bonus protection windscreen cover etc. the prices went from 685 to 1600 approx and all were with good excess none more the 500 euro excess apart from one company. quinn direct are best @ 685 with 190 excess and carl nash worst 1600 with 4000!!!:down: excess
strangely enough alot of the companies don't differ in price between spec s non tubro and spec R turbo. i taut this was a mistake so asked them to quote me on a 200sx turbo manual and low and behold it was about the same price. AA insurance are offering the best alround package @1030 with 350 excess because they offer europe wide break down asistance, full bonus protection (so if the car got stolen, burn't out, vandalised,etc my no claims bonus would not be affected) i think they are the best.this on a spec R turbo.
I'll post all quotes and company names latter!!