What's new

Position of "S" on bonnet

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Guys,

can anyone measure the exact position of the "S" on the bonnet for me. I just finally got mine delivered and am going to install it.. but thought it would be a good idea to know where it goes :) :)

Cheers

Chris

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ah yes, i dont know how your doing to figure out the other dimension without someone telling you.

No, not yet mate, i have a meeting with the bank tomorrow so i'll get it sorted then. Will let you know Monday what happens :thumbs:

S

silviac

make sure that it's not upside down. you will notice one half part of S is slightly longer

Reaction score
lol, theres a square on the bottom of the badge, all you do is insert the square into the square hole in your bonnet, have the arrow facing up like the badge indicates to you on the back. it's perfectly in the middle, no need to measure :p

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
All of the advice is great :) however!!!

A'Pexi: there is no hole in my bonnet to put it in!! I need to work out where to make the hole!

S15R: It came in a Nissan Genuine Parts box from the dealership

Reaction score
what type of s15 do you have? that's weird because all nissan's should have a hole for the badge, be it a nissan badge or a 's' badge... anyway, my standard bonnet had the hole, i'd measure it for you but i've sold it, so i'm sure someone here who is nice enough can measure it up for you :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Measure the centre point of the bonnet leading edge. The emblem is positioned 86mm up from the leading edge. That's following the curvature of the bonnet.

The emblem should be aligned with the middle straight of the S parallel with the bonnet leading edge.

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Measure the centre point of the bonnet leading edge. The emblem is positioned 86mm up from the leading edge. That's following the curvature of the bonnet.

The emblem should be aligned with the middle straight of the S parallel with the bonnet leading edge.
so the bottom of the S is 86mm from the lip... cool :) thank you sir.

T

tefu

the Australian S15 don't have a hole, it just a Nissan badge stuck on the bonnet.
i reckon before you take off the old badge, masking tape the surrounding, left, right top and bottom, take off the old badge and from the masking tape, you can measure the middle of the bonnet. easier imo