What's new

Exhaust setups !

Reaction score
Country
So I’m in a slight issue ! I am thinking of getting my exhaust “adapted” so I would love the car to spit flames as I know I’ve got a cat and a back box and maybe a silencer and it already pops but sounds like a puff if you know what I mean ! So I want a proper bang and maybe some flames ? As who doesn’t love some flames. So the question is sports cat ? De cat ? Or what ? Need some suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Mine has a Nismo downpipe, sports cat and then a HKS Silent Hi-Power cat back and it does give off some pretty loud bangs. Before it was decat and had more or less a straight pipe which made seriously loud bangs haha.

If you really want flames I’d imagine you’d want a decat.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
I had an Evo 6 running a full system, engine mods and an Ecutek and it did big bangs and big flames. At night time, the whole road would be illuminated.

Ultimately it wasn't running right, hence the big flames. I'm really not sure flames are a good thing.

subzero

Reaction score
ya youll defo need a decat .... but also a programmable ecu and a mapper to map it. prob get old after a while as youll be burning fuel in the exhaust and not the engine :)

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Decat and 3" catback on mine with a reso still pops a few flames here and there but only when its warmed up like after a bit of a blast on a country road. I can only imagine downpipe and manifold will also increase volume and amount. Usually if the car is running rich that's when you get big flames and bangs ect...