What's new

Why does the owners club never seem to be at any shows.

Reaction score
Country
Hello everyone so I was just at Autosport today and I was wondering. Why do I never see a Silvia’s owners club or an S15 owners club stand ? Is it because it’s too much hassle ? Or what is it ? As it would be nice to get some S15’s on a stand at some car shows ? Let me know what you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I've seen a stand at japfest before a few times.

From experience organising stands at shows can be a ball ache.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Japfest is usually the best gathering , autosport isn’t the best show anyway . Generally this time of year a lot of cars are hibernating until show season properly kicks off in a few months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Well that’s the thing is people are actually interested in having an S15 / Silvia stand then I will try and organise something which I don’t mind doing but it’s just a shame for other people not to see these cars

Reaction score
Country
Japfest is usually the best gathering , autosport isn’t the best show anyway . Generally this time of year a lot of cars are hibernating until show season properly kicks off in a few months

Well if Japfest is usually the best how about we arrange something for this year ? Only a suggestion as I wouldn’t mind having my car shown to people who maybe interested !

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Normally is the best turn out of the year as it’s the first proper show people head to . Had 10+ cars last year I think ! Might be worth starting a thread , I am sure there will be plenty of interest dude !
Would love to say I will be there but I don’t see my build being finished till the summer

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Normally is the best turn out of the year as it’s the first proper show people head to . Had 10+ cars last year I think ! Might be worth starting a thread , I am sure there will be plenty of interest dude !
Would love to say I will be there but I don’t see my build being finished till the summer

Oh is that right ? Why what are you doing !? And yeah I will start a thread as I would like to have my car on stand and I’m sure others will be

Reaction score
Country
I was at Autosport today too, was pretty much the same as last year haha.

A new thread sounds good, hopefully get together some interest. I’ll probably come.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13

Oh is that right ? Why what are you doing !? And yeah I will start a thread as I would like to have my car on stand and I’m sure others will be

Full rebuild ,widebody and sr22vet might well be July before it sees the road I reckon with all the other work I have to get through at the same time ha ha yeah for sure ,I think there will be a good turn out this year ! A lot of nice examples about

Reaction score
Country
I was at Autosport today too, was pretty much the same as last year haha.

A new thread sounds good, hopefully get together some interest. I’ll probably come.
How about you start a new thread about possible shows this year ? I don’t quite know how to do it as of yet !

Reaction score
Country
Full rebuild ,widebody and sr22vet might well be July before it sees the road I reckon with all the other work I have to get through at the same time ha ha yeah for sure ,I think there will be a good turn out this year ! A lot of nice examples about

SR22VET is that a mixture with the pulsar head and a bored out head or no ? I could be wrong ! Which widebody have you gone for ? I’ve got a few things I need to do on mine like rust and I need to sort out my DMAX lights but don’t know how to fix them :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Can use the pulsar head yeah , think the vzr n1had an sr16ve with upgraded cams ( similar to the profile on my custom cams ) majority of the heads come from primeras though . The 22 is because the block is bored out / or stroked to 2.2 litre
I have the vertex edge on it bud just getting the shell ready for bare metal strip down atm
What’s up with the lights ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Can use the pulsar head yeah , think the vzr n1had an sr16ve with upgraded cams ( similar to the profile on my custom cams ) majority of the heads come from primeras though . The 22 is because the block is bored out / or stroked to 2.2 litre
I have the vertex edge on it bud just getting the shell ready for bare metal strip down atm
What’s up with the lights ?

That’s eventually what I want to do as they rev so high and sound so good !! Would love to see how it works and what it costs etc. I am so jealous with the vertex kit ! I want that kit so badly but it’s stupid money ahah how did you get your kit ?
So my issue with the lights is that the passenger light/LED’s flickers and with that both sides are very dim in the sense of you can’t massively tell the difference between braking and not braking ! Which seems a big issue especially at night :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That’s eventually what I want to do as they rev so high and sound so good !! Would love to see how it works and what it costs etc. I am so jealous with the vertex kit ! I want that kit so badly but it’s stupid money ahah how did you get your kit ?
So my issue with the lights is that the passenger light/LED’s flickers and with that both sides are very dim in the sense of you can’t massively tell the difference between braking and not braking ! Which seems a big issue especially at night

They don’t really Rev that high unless you do a lot of work to them shimless valves etc
Generally looking 8-8.5k safe rev limit on them but it’s a much better designed head and better flowing also .
Not cheap to do which is why not many people bother over here
I own big Bear Kustoms ( if you have heard of us ) do custom paint and bodywork so have good sources for importing kits etc
Ah ok I think that’s a pretty common thing with those lights , may be a thread somewhere explaining how to rectify it .

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
It’s difficult as owners are spread far and wide. I did the contact for japfest last year and will likely do it again this year. Have enough free time and access to calls and emails with work. So I don’t mind organising japfest again. However most big shows are down south and being from Scotland I can’t attend a lot. Especially with a 3 year old and a newborn soon this year. Scottish shows it’s only sub 7 owners so it’s mostly done within clubs they goto with mates. But down south shows are upto someone south. I can easy post a banner down for a stand if someone wanted to organise something.

Reaction score
Country
Delete if not allowed but I'm organising a few meets this year in the southwest for Sxoc

action and jap days at Combe
southwest autosport
and a few more local ones most likely.