What's new

Anyone want to take me for a spin?

Reaction score
Country
So I’m 99% sure I’m after one, but every time I take my Subaru out I think I might regret it!
has anyone got one in the Northwest so I can have a proper look around one?
Spending 15k on something I haven’t seen is a bit crazy! Lol

thanks
Chris

Reaction score
Country
What Subaru do you have? I’ve got an s15 and a blobeye sti. They’re both very good cars but quite different. You’re doing the right thing Trying to get a spin in a Silvia before changing.

Reaction score
Country
Hi mate, a 400bhp Classic Impreza WRX STI Type R.
Bit worried that I’m going to miss the speed and power... but then, I get more fun in the corners...
Was a few at a Car Meet last night, one was nowhere near the owner and Just before I was about to ask the other one, he got in and bounced it off the limiter for 5 minutes from cold. So didn’t think that was a great person to ask either, lol.
I assume they don’t have anywhere near as good handling as the Subaru’s? Obviously you need to drive them different when you’re going hard?

Reaction score
Country
An sti would be much quicker on a B road. An s body is still fun to drive but it won’t go from a to b as quick. There’s always the fear of the back end stepping out! Try get a spin in one, you’ll only be able to decide then!

Reaction score
Country
SR20DET is actually ok. 30mpg is achievable on a long run. Somewhere between 25-30 for normal driving
My Impreza struggles to get 25mpg

Reaction score
Country
Not bad, probably the same as mine then. Can usually get around that.
Just been reading a really helpful post on gt-Torque about handling for them. I’ll probably do a drift / advanced driving course with it, really don’t want to forget I’m in a rear wheel and drift into a tree... though mine tends to forget its 4 wheel drive in the wet and it starts powersliding , lol.
More excites about getting one now !

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
My mate came from a 450 hp scooby to a 300hp s15 . He never talks about the scooby
I have kept up with all sorts through lanes , evo, scooby , skylines . Like most cars it all depends on the set up. With a 1.5 way , good quality suspension and adjustable arms they handle amazing , they have near perfect weight distribution 49:51 , so when you get the hang of it they really are awesome to drive . Yes they can step out but all rwd cars do . I bought mine without ever driving one , had it 8 years now and still love it . Good idea to get out in one if you can but I don’t know anyone that’s bought one and regretted it

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
You guys have pretty much got me :D
Speaking to a S15 owner I saw at a car meet, he’s been really helpful and has agreed to take me for a spin.
Just need to sell my car now, hard market though.
Then find the car I want!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
I had a Evo V before my S15. I sold it due to reliability issues and really regret it. It was by far the best car I've ever owned. It was around 350bhp so not ground breaking, pretty similar to my S15 I'd imagine but it was the torque and handling I enjoyed.

Don't get me wrong, I love my S15 (just as well considering the money it's cost me recently) but it's a completely different car to drive. I don't think you can compare the two. I would assume the Scooby would be the same?

I'd still like to get another evo as a weekend car but I'm not sure my other half would be too pleased. :target:

Reaction score
Country
The handling is insane on 4 wheel, though throws the back due to 70% rear unless I adjust it (need to in the wet or it goes crabbing when boost hits)
Love the Torque too... can smack cars that think they can walk circles around me. That’s what I’ll miss........
Damn you SHIFTY, lol.
Wednesday I’m going out in one, so guess that’ll be the decider.

I understand that you can’t really compare the two.
but Evo vs Subaru? Why choose the girls car?? :p :p :p
joking, been offered a few Evos in part ex. And have been very tempted. Almost swapped and paid 8k towards a Tommi Mak!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
The handling is insane on 4 wheel, though throws the back due to 70% rear unless I adjust it (need to in the wet or it goes crabbing when boost hits)
Love the Torque too... can smack cars that think they can walk circles around me. That’s what I’ll miss........
Damn you SHIFTY, lol.
Wednesday I’m going out in one, so guess that’ll be the decider.

I understand that you can’t really compare the two.
but Evo vs Subaru? Why choose the girls car?? :p :p :p
joking, been offered a few Evos in part ex. And have been very tempted. Almost swapped and paid 8k towards a Tommi Mak!
Pfft! Evo over a Scooby all day long!!!

Although, my brother had a RB320 for a while. Pretty much the only scooby that's ever taken my fancy. I've never admitted it to him though :lol:

Reaction score
Country
Haha, will keep I hush hush then. Nice cars the RB320.

Well I sat in an S15 last night.... they are low. As in if I sit up right slightly I hit the roof... Anyone else have that issue? I’m pretty much dead on 6ft.
If I have a helmet on, I think my head round rest against the roof...

Reaction score
Country
Haha, will keep I hush hush then. Nice cars the RB320.

Well I sat in an S15 last night.... they are low. As in if I sit up right slightly I hit the roof... Anyone else have that issue? I’m pretty much dead on 6ft.
If I have a helmet on, I think my head round rest against the roof...
I’m 6ft 5”, I fit fine haha. Seat right back, bit of tilt backwards but that’s more because I prefer sitting more relaxed back than bolt upright. I have probably an inch or two head room.

I don’t mean flat out like a deck chair by the way, just not bolt upright.

I used to fold myself into a MX5 haha!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Haha, right thanks! That’s made me feel better (I didn’t wanna start messing with his seat!lol)
Just need to get rid of mine, so many time wasters! If my car is up for 11k, I’m not going to take 7,200 ��

Reaction score
Country
Haha, right thanks! That’s made me feel better (I didn’t wanna start messing with his seat!lol)
Just need to get rid of mine, so many time wasters! If my car is up for 11k, I’m not going to take 7,200
“Well I’ve seen one up for sale at £6k”

Well good go and buy that one then.