What's new

does this insurance quote sound reasonable?

Reaction score
Country
Hi all,

about to insure my new S15 for the first year and wondering if what i have been quoted sounds reasonable to you guys.

S15 Spec R
aftermarket aero, ducktail spoiler, wheels and catback exhaust
also having braided lines and 5.1 brake fluid done by TorqueGT

TOAD AI606 Cat 1 thatcham alarm installed by TorqueGT also.

agreed value £14000
annual mileage 8000
kept in allocated parking for my flat etc

fully comp; only me insured on it

im 25, been driving since 2009 with 2 years NCB (named driver previously hence short NCB - no incidents history at all)

only people who would even quote me were Adrian Flux due to no RWD perfoamance history and they quoted £1090 annually.

does this seem fair?

any tips for haggling down?

any and all opinions appreciated :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would say that sounds in the right ballpark. Who have you tried? Have you looked in the traders insurance area on the forum?

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some places to try off the top of my head.
Adrian flux
A-plan
Sky
Chris Knott

Reaction score
Country
I would say that sounds in the right ballpark. Who have you tried? Have you looked in the traders insurance area on the forum?
thanks man. i have tried:

Adrian Flux
Sky Insurance
Greenlight
Brentacre
Chris Knott
A-Plan
Classicline
Keith Michaels

will look at traders area now

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I'm now going through the process of getting an S15 through Torque too (hopefully picking it up in a few weeks!).

But yeah, I'm 24, been driving nearly 5 years so 4 years usable no claims and for a standard S15 with the alarm, Adrian Flux were quoting me £650 (online so I guess a bit cheaper over the phone) for 8k miles a year and stored in a garage overnight. (I do need to get an updated quote with the aero parts and planned parts but haven't got around to that yet)

Also tried a few of the bigger named ones and got a quote of £1200 from Admiral. So I don't think yours is overly bad. I'll let somebody else chip in though (and wait around for any tips on getting it lower!)

Reaction score
Country
I'm now going through the process of getting an S15 through Torque too (hopefully picking it up in a few weeks!).

But yeah, I'm 24, been driving nearly 5 years so 4 years usable no claims and for a standard S15 with the alarm, Adrian Flux were quoting me £650 (online so I guess a bit cheaper over the phone) for 8k miles a year and stored in a garage overnight. (I do need to get an updated quote with the aero parts and planned parts but haven't got around to that yet)

Also tried a few of the bigger named ones and got a quote of £1200 from Admiral. So I don't think yours is overly bad. I'll let somebody else chip in though (and wait around for any tips on getting it lower!)
ah nice me too! im currently waiting on DVLA. expecting V5C in few weeks so might see you down there :D where you from?

£650 sounds pretty good. not sure what impact the mods have so keen to hear what they quote you with mods!

i had a similar quote from admiral before with no mods but as soon as i declared a couple it jumped to £2000 :/

Reaction score
Country
ah nice me too! im currently waiting on DVLA. expecting V5C in few weeks so might see you down there :D where you from?

£650 sounds pretty good. not sure what impact the mods have so keen to hear what they quote you with mods!

i had a similar quote from admiral before with no mods but as soon as i declared a couple it jumped to £2000 :/
Ah yours is a bit ahead of mine then, I'm still at the conversion/MOT stage. Is yours a blue one with 5 spoke wheels by any chance? I'm from Suffolk way. Where abouts in the Midlands are you?

Yeah, definitely got to get another one, although it has the full aero kit and wheels already, only planning on doing suspension/exhaust for now, which raised it from £1200 to £1500 on Admiral so strange yours raised so much!

Reaction score
Country
Ah yours is a bit ahead of mine then, I'm still at the conversion/MOT stage. Is yours a blue one with 5 spoke wheels by any chance? I'm from Suffolk way. Where abouts in the Midlands are you?

Yeah, definitely got to get another one, although it has the full aero kit and wheels already, only planning on doing suspension/exhaust for now, which raised it from £1200 to £1500 on Admiral so strange yours raised so much!
it is indeed! blue with a ducktail spoier and 5-spoke bronze wheels! seen it huh? :)

i live in warwick

Reaction score
Country
Was in the background of one of the pictures I got of mine!

IMG_2686.JPG

Ah, you've got a bit of a nicer drive to pick it up then, not looking forward to my 5 hour trip down, am definitely looking forward to my 5 hour drive back though haha

Reaction score
Country
hah yep thats my new baby! id love to add pictures to a build thread etc but i cant get bloody photobucket or whatever it is we have to use to work :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sounds about right tbh I think my first year was around £1100 I'm paying £450 now

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
my first year was £2000 from adrain flux 25 4 years ncb i originally got quoted £1000 but got the car over a month after the quote so it was no longer on the system and they hit me with 2k after i had already bought it. also the only guys who would insure me

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Could give Aviva a try? They've always seemed to be good for me. Just over £700 for my last renewal.

Reaction score
Country
hah yep thats my new baby! id love to add pictures to a build thread etc but i cant get bloody photobucket or whatever it is we have to use to work
Looks good! Think you can add them through Tapatalk if you use that, if not could use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting or something?

Could give Aviva a try? They've always seemed to be good for me. Just over £700 for my last renewal.
I tried Aviva as I'm currently with them and if I do a new quote they just won't insure the car and if I go to change my current policy it says ring them, so perhaps it's too high risk for them?

Reaction score
Country
I tried Aviva as I'm currently with them and if I do a new quote they just won't insure the car and if I go to change my current policy it says ring them, so perhaps it's too high risk for them?
Could try ringing them I suppose, they're a decent bunch to ring up (unless I've just had lucky phone calls haha). I have mods declared on mine too (wheels, exhaust, suspension) and it added all of 6 whole pounds to my premium.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Try Paceward. They normally beat any quote I get else where.

There a small broker and normally, when I ring up, I get the same person answering the phone. It's nice to deal with the same people each year.