What's new

Apex intercooler/ Greddy spec-m

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying the Apex intercooelr with the group buy. But how does the two compares?? Both similar price so I am not sure..

Has anyone got the Spec-m fitted, how easy is it?

Does both need the bumper trimming? Even aftermarket ones, I will have thought most aftemarket bumper will give you enough space for intercooler.

D

Derek

Both same really. I've spec m found it easy to fit. Crash bar has to be or bended a wee bit. thats it really.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i have the greddy spec M fitted and i did not have to touch the crash bar at all it was the two sides either side fo the intercooler which it touchs so they had to be hit bak to allow it to fit in place
heres a pic of it fitted

Reaction score
SO the bumper doesnt require modifying?

Ming,

Can you show where about is it that you were saying that need hit back, cant see it from the pic? IS it the bottom of the intercooler either side.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
the front bumper does need trimming tho
its on either side of the cooler whete the pipes join on to the cooler right above the blue bits look carefully and u will see its been hit bak so u can only see a bit of it

Reaction score
THanks.

But you got a standard bumper right, I have a aftermarket one so I just presume they will have made space for it. dont like the idea of trimming the bumper.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The one Yakozan has fitted didn't force any trimming on his new Aero bumper. This is quite usual, however. Trimming the bumper is usually required, even on the S14/a.

Its the chassis rails which need trimming, or bending back slightly. These aren't intergral to body strength, so its fine to do this. You may also find that the upper bumper reinforcing bar needs the edges having 1mm filed off to stop touching. That's if you still have one fitted. Don't assume the aftermarket bumper will have more room.

Reaction score
Country
dont forget you still need to cut a hole in the battery tray to allow the ic pipe to route into the intake.. A good hole cutter will do the job nicely.

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
because you have to cut the battery tray can the battery stay in it factory location or will i have to relocate it ?

D

Derek

you can get a smaller battery varta 054 and leave it there or relocate battery to boot.

Reaction score
Country
All i had to do with my battery was turn it sidways and push it right into the corner just barely had enough room.

another concern is the battery teminals they are tiny on the s15 so if you replace the battery make sure the terminals are the correct size,.

and some batterys have the positave on the wrong side so you might need to extend your cables. as it was with mine lucky my blitz LM Fmic came with cable extension, just had enought strech to connect it up.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
just get the right battery which has the terminal on the right side thats what i did and nothing needed extending at all

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
im just going to put the battery in the boot for handyness will 4 gauge power cable for an amp do for rerouting the battery to the boot if not what would be the best ?