What's new

Do you drive your S15 daily?

Reaction score
Country
Whenever I go to a garage or someone asks me about the car or anything, people always seem to ask how often I drive it. I say...everyday & they are always surprised. I feel like they know something I don't.. when I have mechanics being surprised I drive it daily it makes me wonder. I know these cars are old but I feel like if I don't neglect maintenance & don't thrash it, generally it will be fine. I only do 8 miles a day usually.

Does anyone else drive their S15 everyday?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@stew7n
Drove mine daily for a good 8months, about 30mi a day (from Derby too, coincidently). Didn't see a problem driving it daily at all, the only time I had an issue was with a bit of flooding near my work which I wasn't keen to ford so had to take a longer route than normal.

Having said that mines a bit past being a daily now and I have a much cheaper car for long journeys/going to work etc, that should have paid for itself in the next couple of months with fuel cost saving alone �� Wouldn't have a problem driving my S15 daily again though, it's just a -fairly simple, 90s- car at the end of the day.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I used to for about 3/4 years come rain or shine and snow and want to again but prob a bit more fair weather thou. Used to get the pram it the boot and a rear facing chiled seat in the back. dropped my kid off at nursery in the mornings in it too.
The problem I had was when ever I modified something it had a time scale which I found quite stressful and if it went wrong (snapped bolts ect) I was in trouble as I was not doing the work at home so was stuck. I then ended up with an oil pump failer which was the last straw for it as a daily plus the constant boost leaks.
loved using it daily as it was never a show queen so I did not feel bad anout it getting dirty ect.

Reaction score
Country
I used to drive my old s14 daily a few years ago, but that didn't have many mods or coilovers plus I couldn't afford the luxury of a second car. I know mostly only drive on the weekends and occasionally to work on a Friday, it's a bit of a shame arguably but also it keeps the miles down etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I drove my S15 daily for about 8 years or so up until last year. It's only lightly modified but it was/is incredibly reliable. The only reason I stopped doing that is that I changed to a job with a longer commute and while that was heaps of fun (twisty bits, hilly bits, motorway bits, low traffic) I noticed the kms getting high pretty fast after doing that for a couple of years. So now it's "relegated" to a weekend car. It's probably not as good for it because daily use is quite cruisy but weekend use is more spirited.

Actually, on my commute I see another nice S15 going the other way just about every day and there was always this mutual recognition on seeing each other (but we never actually met). Although I'm driving a different car I still that S15 on daily duty.

Reaction score
Country
I used mine as a daily for about 6 months when I first bought it, I was doing 60 miles a day and I was raping the mileage and also my wallet. I was putting £70 of V power in it every 4 days. So it's now a garage queen/weekend toy and I have a fiesta for daily use. As already said when modifying the timescale does get me in a panic. Now I don't have to rush or can leave it if I'm not feeling it :)

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Used my s15 daily for about 15k miles when I had it. Rain, snow etc.
Now use my ps13 as a second car purely so I can do mods on it on a weekend and not have to think oh **** it's not going to be ready for Monday !

Reaction score
Country
I used mine as a daily for almost a year but decided to get a micra for getting to work and back so im only racking up the miles and wear on the car when im taking it to places I want to go rather than doing the same journey in it everyday

Reaction score
Country
Used my Spec R as a daily driver for the last 4 years. I was the only one for some time, now there are two white ones and another black one all within a 7 mile area!

Reaction score
Country
I use mine everyday as its my only car, im 21 and i wouldnt save enough in fuel etc by having to pay for another insurance policy and running costs of a sensible car, baby seat fits in the lot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk