What's new

Custom brake set-up

Reaction score
So, over the years, my car has had a few brake packages. I started off with stock calipers and discs, then upgraded to z32 aluminium calipers with the Apex 310mm bell and rotor kit, and then up until today was running r33 GTR Brembos with GTR discs.

Unfortunately the R33 GTR calipers i was sold were garbage and only really deserving of the skip, i persevered with them and managed to make them work, if only for a year and half before they gave out. The rear caliper had a seized in bleed nipple on one side and on the other side the casting literally cracked and leaked fluid. One of the front calipers had the thread for the brake line completely stripped, so i had to try and helicoil it to take a larger fitting and the bleed nipple areas were heavily corroded.

I decided i wanted newer calipers after this so opted for R34 GTR Brembos, but wanted larger discs, so using some custom brackets and bells and rotors i now have R34 GTR Brembos with lightweight bells and rotors running a 356x32 disc.

Some before and after pictures.

Reaction score
Country
Look mega those mate. Are those wheels LM GT3 nismos? If so good choice sir ;) same as mine

Reaction score
Yeah, LM GT3. When i saw yours while picking up the Nismo exhaust, it made my LM GT2's look dated in comparison, so i started hunting for a set after that.

How's your car getting on? The coilovers ok?

Reaction score
Country
Looking good Tom, just out of interest where did you get the bells and disks from?