What's new

Coil packs!

Reaction score
Country
I hear conflicting things about coil packs, some say Splitfire are better than OEM, others say you cant go wrong with OEM & aftermarket are rubbish.

Seems theres 3 options most people talk about.

OEM Nissan £400+

Splitfire £400+

Audi R8 (is this easy to do?) £20 each!?

Which is best, any one got advice about these options, are there other options?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I got my oem Nissan coils from the states , ended up costing me around £200 those or splitfires would be my choice :
I'm running aem pencil coils now but that's proper ott for an sr really only got them because it's better for high rpm vet head

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I was going Audi coil packs but pulled the motor out in the end. My understanding is the Audi ones have a better stronger spark. And are much cheap to buy and easier to find. However they are taller and don't bolt in like the oem ones do. I believe the r8 ones are taller again. I know of people that have made there own looms I don't know how easy it is thou. There are guys that sell the looms on the boards (my is currently for sale ��).
Not had any experience with spitfires but they are not cheap and my oem coils where looking a bit old so was looking to up grade.

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
They all work fine.

OEM Coils are good to 500hp.

Splitfires are more than capable.

1.8T Coils are good for 200hp per cylinder and are easy to replace at £25 each and can be sourced locally if needed.
Just make sure someone can make a good loom with genuine fittings.

Reaction score
Country
I bought 4 brand new oem ones off ebay for £270 delivered, the fact you cant buy single Splitfire plugs put me off those cause if 1 goes bad you would have to buy a whole pack again but OEM I can buy just 1, also I read that there are loads of fake Splitfire ones & the R8 coils don't sit flush & id rather keep a cover over the coil packs.

Reaction score
Country
Just to add more previous experience to the mix, I opted for the ol eBay specials, look and feel just like remanufactured spitfire coils, running okay for a couple months so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk