What's new

Condensation inside car

Reaction score
Country
Yoo, I left the car parked up for a couple of weeks and found it like this! Anyone have any idea what could be causing it? :(
All the windows were closed and no evidence of moisture on the carpets even the inside of the roof is wet.

Giop27

Reaction score
Country
Usually condensation inside car is from a leaking seal somewhere, wash the car with a hose and have someone sit inside to check the seals around the windows first then take it from there.

Not sure if theres any common spots as ive not long had my S15 but maybe someone else has had the same problem.

Reaction score
That's a fair bit of moisture, by chance you didn't have a few days of wet feet with bad weather in and out of your car causing your car mats to be wet before you locked it up ?

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for responses, the seals seem fine the only place I have found a bit of water getting in is from the spoiler. But wouldn't have thought it would have caused this much of an issue?
Haven't driven the car in a while and the floors were dry.
Would a blocked cabin filter cause this much?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Giop27

Reaction score
Country
Wouldn't imagine spoiler would cause that, cabin filter shouldn't either. Definitely no leak around the windscreen? Could be leaking down behind the dash or pillar trims? Apart from that not sure what else to suggest if im honest.

Reaction score
Country
Have you had your drivers seat out at some point as I pinched the pipe for the rear washer and it drained the entire reservoir into the well under the drivers seat

Reaction score
Country
I'll take all the trim off jet wash it and see what happens :).
No I've had the seat out but come to think of it my rear washer doesn't work, I'll have a look at that!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Took the trim off and blasted it with a jet wash, no sign of any leaks.
I haven't got a sun roof heater matrix looks fine too, thankfully.
Put some silica things in for now, I'll see what that does.
Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Are the rubber grommets in place between the door and the car body? I had the same issue with my 14 and that's where the water came in.

Reaction score
Country
After taking the carpet up on the drivers side I found a puddle . Then dug deeper, removed the fuse box to find a leaky seam! Like always my car seems to have its own way of going wrong haha