What's new

Where have all the plug covers gone?

Reaction score
Country
Iv noticed most sr20 engines have no sparkplug cover installed.. I assume it's to do with heat around the coilpacks ?
and would a tomei plug cover be a good thing to buy? :juggle:
i really dislike the look of the engine without a plug cover, it looks a bit cheap and untidy.:eek:hwell:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the look. I bought a vented chrome one off eBay a while back. It looks pretty good.
I'll see if I can find a link.

Reaction score
Country
I removed mine as you've correctly stated the heat seemed to be killing off my coil packs, i went through a fair number before deciding not to fit it again, I've been on the same set ever since some 8 years

...just realised of course my engine is from my old 14a and not a Spec R one but i assume the same applies?

Reaction score
Country
the issue has and always been the coils are bloody expensive.

I'm going down the audi R8 route which requires a loom mod to get them to work but the Audi coil packs are more abundant and cheaper

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you go for one I would get a vented one. Sorry i cannot see the one i ordered a few years ago, but I havent had an issue since it was fitted.

Reaction score
When my coils died years ago I bought Split Fires and a Tomei coil cover (nice bit of bling) Ive had no issues with the coils since

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I had this one on my car for years never had an issue and looks better than no cover going up for sale as I have gone vet

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
That's the same one I've got. Never had an issue yet and had it on for at least 5yrs.