Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Hello!
I've put some dc2 recaros in my 15 and I love them but I'm not 100% happy with them. I think the previous seat had an extra low rail or something because I can't get the dc2 seats to Flip forward fully unless they're all the way back, and they seem quite tight against the door cards too.
Has anyone any advice on what seats fit better and can still flip forward (have a 2 yr old and 3 month old and babyseats yay lol so they need to Flip forward)
I want a bucket style one like the dc2 seats as the oem ones just don't seem to "hug" you in the same way :)

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
I find that odd, I've actually fitted wider seats than the standard DC2 recaros and never had a problem.

When you sit in the seat and hold the steering wheel, does it feel in the centre or does it feel the steering wheel is offset a little bit to the left?

I had a rail that was slightly out of position and eventually replaced it.

Joe

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
My Recaros are also tight to the door cards but they recline, with no issues. On Juran Racing rails.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
@JoeH - when you look into the front of the car, the seats tilt outwards slightly. They came from an S13 so maybe the rails arent great? I was considering making some custom rails up as it seems to be a common problem with the S15 (finding low rails) but it still wont solve the width problem...

@Cess - the recline isnt a problem its the actual tipping forward to get into the rear of the car thats the problem, they foul against the sun visors and I have to jiggle the seats forwards and backwards to get them to flip forward and then back again. The bolsters are really squashed against the door so to open the boot or filler flap I have to open the door and there is no way of accessing the door pocket either!

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
That style of Recaros is really wide, so there's no real solution to the door card issue or access to the boot and filler flap.

What rails are you using? Mine just bolted straight to the floor and flip no problem.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Do there seem to be any spacers or any form of adjustment on the rail?
Nothing I have seen ...

That style of Recaros is really wide, so there's no real solution to the door card issue or access to the boot and filler flap.
What rails are you using? Mine just bolted straight to the floor and flip no problem.
I am glad you said that as I seemed to get really positive responses on how well the DC2 seats fitted which is why I got them, so its not just me then! I am not sure on the rails as they came with the seats, they were originally in a S13 ... but they sit very high. I had another single recaro seat when she arrived in the UK and it was a lot lower, this is much higher i can actually see over the bonnet in these seats haha, maybe its the height thats the problem with the fouling on the roof. I much prefered it lower. Are there no seats then that will allow *fairly* easy access to the boot etc?

Have a look at some of the Brides , particularly the Low Max
Is this rails or seats? :)

Reaction score
The Low Max is a seat...you can get rails for it from Bride...Google the seat for a picture...There are two types, genuine and copies..

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Must be a rail issue. I'm trying to dig out picks of my rails so you can compare.

Edit: here they are

Last edited:

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Thanks so much cess! So your seats could flip forward and back ok and didn't sit lop sided? If so the rails have been butchered which wouldn't surprise me as the seat belt buckle bolt holes had been wrecked too! :(
Which rails are these?

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Juran Racing low mount seat rails for Recaros and Brides. Purchased from a shop on Rakuten.jp

They match up perfectly to the S15. Nothing needed modified or adjusting. Great fitting thing.

The seat mounts straight to that base, which is flat. The mounting points at the front are shaped exactly to the S15 floor and use the existing bolts. The seat kind of flows backwards, if you follow.

The sticky up thing at the back bolts the seat to the transmission tunnel and enables you to bolt the seat belt catch into it. So the seatbelt is held in the right place.

Anymore info, shout.