What's new

Spec R and Spec S differences

Reaction score
Country
unlikely as it is are they any differences between Spec R and S front wings in terms of width?

I've got 9.5" et10 on the front of mine and they are a little wide but I've seen a few in the flesh recently with steel wings running 10's with what appears less poke than mine

Reaction score
Country
unlikely as it is are they any differences between Spec R and S front wings in terms of width?

I've got 9.5" et10 on the front of mine and they are a little wide but I've seen a few in the flesh recently with steel wings running 10's with what appears less poke than mine
No, the fenders themselves are the same size between both variants. 9.5 +10 will be tough to tuck on stock metal, in the front. You'll definitely need to run some camber.

Reaction score
Country
Then you'll have to be careful you don't scrub the rims on the struts

This is is the issue at the moment, the wheel is about 2-3mm away.

would dialling in more camber via the top mount give me more or less room (I've not yet had chance to get under and look)

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but wouldnt adding more camber via the top mount not alter the wheel to strut distance at all, but just add more space on the fender side, could be wrong. If your coilovers have slotted holes attaching to the hubs there may be a millimeter or two to be gained there, if that works?

Reaction score
Country
Don't quote me on this, but wouldnt adding more camber via the top mount not alter the wheel to strut distance at all, but just add more space on the fender side, could be wrong.
this actually what I'm hoping for...

Reaction score
Country
Don't quote me on this, but wouldnt adding more camber via the top mount not alter the wheel to strut distance at all, but just add more space on the fender side, could be wrong. If your coilovers have slotted holes attaching to the hubs there may be a millimeter or two to be gained there, if that works?
Correct. Adjusting camber via the top camber plates will move your strut inward as well. You will not gain/lose wheel clearance.

Reaction score
You could also try camber bolts to also help with clearance but S15 front ends are pretty tight for bigger widths...wheel design and offset plays a big part in how wide you go..