What's new

Turbo Lag - how big an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
apparently its a right pain to set up although once its done it meant to work well

Reaction score
Country
standard tyres are skinny, the suspension set up is geared towards GT driving so is softer, the brakes are fairly rubbish, making small but informed changes to these can make a huge difference.
Ah interesting. The first three things i was planning to do to the car would be bigger brakes, uprated suspension and the widest wheels/tyres i could fit under the rear arches. Does the profile of the tyre affect traction? Intuitively I'd assume width and outer radius more important for increasing contact surface area.

Will look into that traction control too but if I can make it more predictable without then I hope I'd be ok

Reaction score
Honestly, just drive it with respect for what the car can do and what it is, a light turbo charged rear wheel drive coupe....Ive had mine for 12 years, it was stock when I got it, but in all that time I have never taken for granted how easy it would be to over cook it on the road...What has helped me is doing track days, it has given me the opportunity to explore the limits in safety....

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
S15's do not lag. If your in the right gear you will never get lag. If you do get lag then you cant drive for ****.

I drifted my s15 on stock turbo for 6 years with no issues with power. It produced 300bhp with ease only at 1.0 bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.