What's new

S15 Spec S (with added DET) EML issues

Reaction score
Country
have had a few issues with my Spec S to DET conversion.....any thoughts welcomed:

Ive just completed an S14a engine, box, ECU (no NATS) custom S14a/S15 loom etc into an S15 and i have a few issues I'm hoping someone can shed some light on or suggest courses of action.

fired up today for the first time and noticed the EML was flashing but sat there and purred like a kitten.

after a few minutes started to rev it and noticed it wouldn't rev past 2.5k

Then realising the SAFC wasn't plugged in, plugged it in and the idle was really bad and was starting to stall.

unplugged it again and it sorted the idle out but still wouldn't rev past 2.5k

BTW the only function the SAFC performs is a "pass through" in as much it set up to allow the car to see the Z32 (i know the 3a does but the way its wired in it has to have the SFAC active for the ECU to see it..this appears to be a legacy thing from when it was wired in years ago)

We tried another AFM which didn't make any difference.

then unplugged the Lambda and it made the revving much better but not 100%

The EML had been flashing constantly during entire process.

Then unplugging the Temp coolant Sensor a slight change occurred, the EML was still on but not flashing, idle was much better but again not 100%

however despite it being better when driven it would pop and bang..generally it didn't sound too healthy., as soon as temp sensor is plugged back in the EML starts flashing again.

so I'm going to look at getting another Temp sensor and another Lambda but aside from those anyone have any bright ideas?