What's new

aftermarket longshaft

S

silvialam

dear guys,

did anyone of you guys ever thought of changing to aftermarket longshaft? i knew Greddy has a aftermarket longshaft which claim to half 50% reduce of weight compare to stock longshaft, but i was told by my friend it is no longer in production. do you think is a wise decision to change to aftermarket longshaft?

anyone here know any other brands?

S

silvialam

yea man, im talking about the propshaft.

What do you guys think about aftermarket propshaft? is it worth changing? Because i believe with ligther aftermarket propshaft we can actually get higher torque and HP since the thing is very much lighter then the original ones...

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
I have a custom 1 piece... it is a hell of a lot lighter.... can't give you an update on how it drives though... as I'm still waiting for the weather to improve a bit :) :)

I had one on my Z32 in the US too... a noticeable difference - a lot less drivetrain losses.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
There must be one you can buy for the S15, anyone know of one? and costs?

Are the benifits basically, weight saving, and more power transmitted?

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
There must be one you can buy for the S15, anyone know of one? and costs?

Are the benifits basically, weight saving, and more power transmitted?
it is easier for the 5 speed.. because it will be the same as the S14... (tested) and there are a few out there.

For the S15, it would be possible to have a bunch made through a friend of mine and then do a group buy.. .but depends on how much you guys wanted to pay and whetehr you wanted CF/Al or steel.

Reaction score
i would assume it is? Anything that frees up power is worthwhile at the right price of corse? It would help alot with response. Id be interested if the price was right

S

silvialam

guys...im still checking the price for it from Greddy cause i know they do produce the longshaft. will come back to you guys with the material of the longshaft and also the price soon. hopefully they still have them in stock