What's new

HID conversion installation

K

kapsco

Has anyone had any experience installing an HID conversion kit?

I purchased a few kits for my toyota celica and nissan maxima and they should arrive any day now. So I'm wondering if I will have any problems??

I'll post some pictures when its installed !!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Used it on the S14 and S15. Would like one for the Hilux, but Cookie's being a bit anal and not repsonding to PMs...

J

Jono

I'd also like these but not sure I'd manage the fitting process. Surprising how poor the Halogens are though :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm expecting to struggle with the fitting of them :rolleyes:

Nicely, i know what you mean, i tried to get in touch with him several times, as i gave away the relay i had previously to a local SXOC member, however it turns out he dont need it no more, so i'm getting it back :), just means i'll have to attempt to fit the thing :(

P

PhilV

oh i'd like to do that for my s15 but im....mechanically challenged....lol

P

pablo

doubt an mot place would actually care (well not around my way, (as long as there straight etc). but theres always a chance)

dont know much on the subject so i cant say this is gospel but i found this recently on another forum and thought id share

'after market hids not passing mots????'

video report

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/...enon_test.html

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've had HIDs for three years and never had a problem with MoT :) The issue they were talking about in that report was to do with beam pattern. This would only really effect reflector type headlights, eg. in the S14. The projector type headlights, eg. S14a and S15, have their beam pattern controlled by the projector unit not the bulb. As such, its pretty much the same. However, the pattern was fine on my S14 :)

This is according to UK law. Obviously, the rules are going to be different for other countries. I believe kapsco is from Canada...?

W

wobbit

I has thinking about getting HIDs for my S15... Can anyone tell me waht I would need to buy and from where?

Reaction score
i've got factory HID's! :p dunno what you're all moaning about! haha

They are sooooo much different to standard bulbs.... it's shocking when driving about in other peoples cars now, or my work van. Always pause and think to myself "****, are the lights on?".

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Drove home from Edinburgh last night in heavy rain and winds, my headlights were hardly lighting up the road :rolleyes:

Need to get my HID's fitted.