What's new

Exahust for a S15

D

D8RDVL

hey all i wont to put a good eahaust on my nissan S15 but i dont know what a good brand and exhaust and i wonting to put a 3inch dump pipe to cat cause i think that the best u can put there and wont to do 3.5inch cat back but what do use sugest to do thanx all

what do use thing about the Trust PE2 exhaust ????????

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome :wave:

You need to give us an idea of what you want from your exhaust, i.e. performance, sound, vloume, etc. :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If you want pretty quiet, then I should go with HKS Silent Hi power or Greddy/Trust Power extreme II.

I'm running the GReddy/trust one. very quiet at idle and low revs. Noise is controlled by the right foot :)

S

S15R

I used to have Trust PE II it was quiet and now i have Kakimoto cat-back which is pretty loud but performance wise Kakimoto is over Trust anyday

kakimoto cat-back system comes with sliencer which can be as quiet as stock :D

P

Paddy mack

exhausted

I'd recommend the Hks silent power system, really good exaust and not to loud either so you won't be frighting birds out of the tree or annoying grumpy neighbours.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As I said though, it all depends what sort of system you want. I have a Silent Hi Power and it suits my needs well. If you are a Nur Spec type person, you won't like it...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
ive got a nismo one and its not loud unless u put ya foot down but even then its not that loud which is very good for me
also could u state in your profile where ur based thanks

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
As I said though, it all depends what sort of system you want. I have a Silent Hi Power and it suits my needs well. If you are a Nur Spec type person, you won't like it...
:nod: i agree with nicely.
as i too have a silent hi-power.

i work for coordsport and we have just had two silent hi-powers sent back
as the customers said they were too quite,they both had replacement nur spec ones :eek: they are now happy with the noise.

All depends what you like really.

kimi x

Reaction score
decatted and frontpipe/elbow... when on the gas, the silent isnt "that" quite... so god knows what a nurspec must be like... certainly diggin' my Hi-power silent though!!!

J

Jono

FFS - an exhaust is for performance only unless you are a chav! :p Noise is just a sweet, sweet by-product :D

I love mine - It's fat (like me) Rude (like me) and everyone hear's me coming (no pun intended :rotfl: )

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
FFS - an exhaust is for performance only unless you are a chav! :p Noise is just a sweet, sweet by-product :D

I love mine - It's fat (like me) Rude (like me) and everyone hear's me coming (no pun intended :rotfl: )
Lol.
I value the quietness of my PEII.
It's great when you can get home late and sneak around on low revs. No disturbing the neighbors. A loud exhaust is just more risk for having your car vandalized by a mad old woman who has no better things to worry about.
I love the fact that the exhaust is silent when I want to and loud when I want to. It's all controlled by the right foot :)

I think that the HKS Silent hi-power and the Trust PEII are pretty much similar regarding noise.

But as Nicely said. What do you want from the exhaust. Louder generally means less restrictive.

V

Vandal

I'm pretty sure there was a guy on ns.com who said his PEII was measured in the mid 90db (and he was given a defect notice by police). Most people do say they're quiet though so maybe he was an exception.

Police over hear do not like imports with loud exhausts :no:

I have the hks silent hi power as well. Has a nice deep note when you put the foot down, but otherwise almost as quiet as stock. Doesn't hang too low either.

Another option if you like quiet exhausts is the fujitsubo RM01A.

Reaction score
Country
hahaha

go for Nur Spec like mine rated at 104db.

live in the city so not a problem as neighbours are louder. the call there kid from the door step and the kids can hear them a couple of block away, must be like 120db.

think Apexi do a device that plumbs in between the exhaust that varies the flow of gas and there fore controling sound, heard it works well.

P

Paddy mack

I understand the alure off a nice exhaust note but if you are doing a little high speed Manoeuvring on the public roads, the sealthly silent power is the one.
I had to change the exhaust on the evo for that reason, if they can't hear you coming they will not the radar/lazar gun ready to clock you! and by trhe time you've gone two miles up the road they will only be turning over the engine in the patrol car. not that i condone speeding but from time to time you might slip above the limit:rotfl:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: Loud = draw attention. Another problem people don't think of is if you are thinking of doing track days. In the UK, it is starting to get very difficult to find a track with has a sound limit above 100dB. So you'd have to get a bung, and even then it might not be enough unless its a really restrictive bung.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
:nod: Loud = draw attention. Another problem people don't think of is if you are thinking of doing track days. In the UK, it is starting to get very difficult to find a track with has a sound limit above 100dB. So you'd have to get a bung, and even then it might not be enough unless its a really restrictive bung.
Same here in Sweden. The tracks usually have some days when they can go above 100db. But that is often saved for pro motorsport.

My PEII was measured a small bit over 100db. But I think they measured it wrong. It's supposed to be measured at about 4500rpm. They measured mine at redline :eek:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Not sure how my exhaust compares to the rest of you, i dont even know what male it is :wack:, it has "Mega" stamped on the tail pipe??

Anyway, its not as loud as some of the scoobys going around here :ghey:

Knockhill dont check your cars noise level, but thats mayeb because its at the top of a hill miles from anything :D