What's new

Exahust for a S15

J

just_laze

Hey,

What model is your HKS exhaust? SPHKS20040830? Is it cat-back? How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it from?

laze.

D

D8RDVL

hey all thanx for ur help im think i will get the HKS silent or the trust pe2 but i dont know wich one i will get

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey all thanx for ur help im think i will get the HKS silent or the trust pe2 but i dont know wich one i will get
The HKS box is cheaper on nengun for the time being.
From what I've read the HKS is only 75mm diameter where the Greddy is 80mm.

Does anyone know if perfectrun sells exhausts?

D

D8RDVL

hey all thanx for all ur help i will get the Trust PEII and thanx yakozan i did know the trust exhaust is biger hmmm biger the better :D

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
That's a dam good price :nod:

the best we could do one for is ?375 inc vat & delivery,

Only difference is we could proberly get it to you next day.

kimi x

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
That's a dam good price :nod:

the best we could do one for is ?375 inc vat & delivery,

Only difference is we could proberly get it to you next day.

kimi x
You have S15 exhaust in stock?
My rear muffler look like its a robot sheep inside it (dampening is poking out) so might get a new one later on.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It only takes about three months from Nengun these days... :p About four days from Perfectrun or Feast Japan. :)

G

gunner93

I used to freak out about db on aftermarket exhausts. Until I fitted Apex-i N1 3" post turbo all the way back. The deep rumble sure adds character on my S15. Less than 3000 rpm, its like telling "hei, look at me". Above 3000rpm when it starts to scream, its saying " move over, I'm coming through". To feel the S15's soul, you definately need to upgrade your stock exhaust. Ka ka ka

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I used to freak out about db on aftermarket exhausts. Until I fitted Apex-i N1 3" post turbo all the way back. The deep rumble sure adds character on my S15. Less than 3000 rpm, its like telling "hei, look at me". Above 3000rpm when it starts to scream, its saying " move over, I'm coming through". To feel the S15's soul, you definately need to upgrade your stock exhaust. Ka ka ka
My main concern about exhaust is the db level.
We have a limit at all tracks at 95db. the tracks usually have a set number of db limit free days. But they're used for pro racing series and pro dragracing.

Last year my car was slightly over the limit. I think it's because my rear damper is a bit worn (steel wool poking out).

I think that most tracks in Europe have a similar db limit. So for you guys wanting to do track days without farking about with very limiting bungs and stuff, think about what exhaust you're getting. I think that a Trust PEII and the HKS silent in good condition will keep the car under 95 db unless crazy modded.

If noise (and money) isn't a concern. Get a titanium system :)
Haven't heard one on a SR20 yet, but it sounds lovely on the RB26 :D

S

SX2002

Exhaust for a S15

Some spend a lot on their exhaust system, has anyone had their car on the dyno to see just what improvement (if any) they got? (Exhaust only, not with other serious mods)
All I did was to replace the rear muffler with a Magnaflow straight through unit (all else is stock) and got another 8kW ATW.
What more can be got by doing the whole exhaust?
Mine also sounds great, very similar to my mate who has the full 3" system. (Same Magnaflow muffler as me)
Side by side there is no noticable differnce in performance.

Reaction score
Country
not sure how much power you will gain with a full system, but i can tell you that the response from the engine will be amazing the turbo will spool up much quicker. overall it just feels so much better.