S15 mum and dads...

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Have you had any problems fitting baby/child seats?
I didn't realise the rear seats would be so dished lol! I didn't expect it to have isofix so that's not a problem but anyone else got photos of their childrens seats installed?
I have a Recaro Monza Nova IS and also will need to use a rear facing Recaro Young Profi Plus in the summer too :wack:
Also, any recommendations on seat protectors?

Thanks!:thumbs:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I used to take my little one to nursery every day in my S15. she was only six months old so had to be in a rear facing seat. I cant remember what seat it was but it was a mothercare own brand one that was part of a push chair (which fit in the boot!) the biggest problem with this was there was not much leg room for the passage in the front. I also found that once the back of the seat was folded forward the seat would have to go all the way back before it would click and stay. very odd. The rear seat belt was also very tight as they are quite short.
she is 5 now and at school so has a recaro monza nova 2 seat which I put on the passage seat but also fits well in the back.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Thanks for the reply suspect!!

As far as rear facing goes, I had a similar problem with my daily Ibiza (wll, my husband did!!) with front seat positioning, i have very short legs so would put the rear facing Profi Plus behind me as i have the seat the full way forward anyway haha! I will just do the same with the S15, have the baby seat behind me when I need to use that.

As for the other seat - you say you have the Monza Nova, which is basically the same as my Monza Nova IS (just this one is suitable straight from after coming out the rear facing seat as it has a bumper bar) so if yours fits no problem so will mine! Does yours also have the isofix bars (one on each side) on the back? Do they fold out the way or into the seat? Just a bit worried they will dig into the seats, and she has such nice seats lol I dont think they have ever seen rear passengers!

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't found a stage0 rear facing seat that will fit yet in the back.
Tried a couple of 0+1 combi seats too, no joy.
However Stage 1 forward facing fits and leaves some room in the front still. I agree with Suspect a maxi cosi Tobi is what I have got and will be using.
I looked into disabling the passenger airbag with my own switch. Then a rear facing stage 0 or 0+1 combi would fit in the front I reckon.
However I decided until my daughter is big enough for a stage 1 seat I will just avoid using the Silvia, it's not our main car in any case.
Als

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Thanks for the response als_jordan
I will have to let you know how I get on with my 0+ Recaro then, don't need to try for a while tho, fortunately its not my main car either, but if I end up having to do some night time runs with the next baby like I did the last I wanna do it in the Silvia haha!
I'll only use the Recaro seats, they're so expensive and already brought from previous baby so I will make the bugger fit ;)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. I know what you mean about the night time runs.
In fact maybe there should be a Silvia Baby Tunnel Run?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I don't have the Isofix bars on mine. If you have them I would try using them. I have had other seats leave marks on the rear seats before but after a while the foam finds it shape again.

Thanks for the reply suspect!!

As far as rear facing goes, I had a similar problem with my daily Ibiza (wll, my husband did!!) with front seat positioning, i have very short legs so would put the rear facing Profi Plus behind me as i have the seat the full way forward anyway haha! I will just do the same with the S15, have the baby seat behind me when I need to use that.

As for the other seat - you say you have the Monza Nova, which is basically the same as my Monza Nova IS (just this one is suitable straight from after coming out the rear facing seat as it has a bumper bar) so if yours fits no problem so will mine! Does yours also have the isofix bars (one on each side) on the back? Do they fold out the way or into the seat? Just a bit worried they will dig into the seats, and she has such nice seats lol I dont think they have ever seen rear passengers!

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
I don't have the Isofix bars on mine. If you have them I would try using them. I have had other seats leave marks on the rear seats before but after a while the foam finds it shape again.
The S15 doesnt isofix so I cant use them however after some more research this morning I can see that fortunately my car seat is designed to work with both isofix and 3 point seatbelts so fortunately it turns out the isofix bars just slot back into the seat and i can use the seatbelt... i will however stick a blanket or something underneath just to make sure, it will be just my luck that my foam doesnt reshape haha :)