What's new

240z style nose on S15

Reaction score
Website
www.hoodoo.co.nz
Country
S15s are still pretty common in Japan - probably the third most common performance car I saw in my two week holiday there (including a week-long stay in Gunma, and a visit to Mount "Akina") .. but I have only ever seen one like this, with a 240z style nose;

(I apologise for the terrible shot, I was the passenger in a car going past!)

D

Reaction score
Country
Out of interest, what was the other popular performance cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
You're lucky. I only saw three S15s in my trip over the course of 2 weeks. There are hardly any performance cars in the cities at all.

BMWs & Mercedes were way more popular that I ever expected. And there were Alfa Romeos everywhere

Reaction score
Website
www.hoodoo.co.nz
Country
I saw a handful of performance cars, including a worked S15 with LM-GT4 wheels and (I think) Vertex bodykit, in Kyoto.. but the bulk of the ones I saw were in Gunma - they were just everywhere. I'm assuming because everyone in Gunma has a car, it's just a higher likelihood.

Reaction score
Country
I've seen these before, I believe it was actually something you could spec from the factory as a run out model or something because a few have gone through auctions before. Think they look bloody awful

Reaction score
Country
There was an Autech Style-A model, based on the Ferrari 456M-GT (which is what the S15 design was based on) which you might be thinking of..

Hey, I'm also in NZ and actually saw an S15 here with this very front a few years ago, even have photos of it somewhere.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
From what I have been told the kit in first photo was an option. A very bad option! I don't think too much of the Ferrari look alike kit either.